A journey through space and time - Multiple Species

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrG I think those temps with the lights off will be fine. bring out some colors nicely

Oh, they will be fine I just know it... but I think in the 60's would be a tad more optimal.. plus, I only use the one heater in the large 23x26 space, so I think getting another in there, at the other end on low would do nicely.

Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts, and helping me relax a bit on the matter! I've been reading around a lot in the last hour and it seems the majority think 50's are "fine" but can definitely get some slowing of processes.

If I didn't have the other heater, I would certainly know I'm getting something good out of it, but would like to get things a bit closer to optimal... and I shall pay for it in electricity lol!!!

The thing that scares me about allowing the temps to drop below 60f is that I have seen nutrient deficiencies occur when plant continually dropped into the 50s at night. However, If I remember correctly, I didn't have my rez heated so it also dropped into the 50s, and that may have been the key to my problem.

Green, allowing that veg tent to get a little cold might slow them girls down a bit so that they don't try to take over the room and eat you when you come in :)

Everything is doing so amazing.. I couldn't ask for a better setup.. so I figured I'd shake things up a bit and break my best plants main stalk right down the middle a few inches, and see if I could recover ... yeah.. I did it on purpose,.. for.. experiments.. yeah.. that's it.

So anyways, broken stock = mended stalk = me crossing my fingers for 24 hours or so! To mend it, I used Tape and a paper towel (to not get much adhesive on the plant) then used mechanics wire on the 3 main branches, and heated up scentless wax chunks to stuff down the stalk so the center doesn't dry up / bleed out. Luckily it was right down the middle and not "too" bad, so hoping that they will heal.

Here's an update on what the tents look like and the mending job. This break was done on my Delicious Seeds - Cotton Candy. This strain is the BEST, so far, out of the 5 I've had going this run! So glad I got clones of it, and the Critical HOG. Such good growing and producing strains!

3-4 weeks left to go as of today. Today = 5 weeks down.

Here's pics of Flowering Tents #1 and #2 and also my Veg station with 13 vegitating and me mowing them over every week to keep them down in size and delay the time to put into flowering.

Week5BreakTall (1 of 4).jpg

Week5BreakWide (1 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakWide (3 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakTall (2 of 4).jpg

Week5BreakTall (3 of 4).jpg

Week5BreakWide (2 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakTall (4 of 4).jpg

Week5BreakWide (5 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakWide (6 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakWide (7 of 7).jpg

Week5BreakWide (4 of 7).jpg

Good morning DGF, Your plants look nice. Very nice... But....i have to say, i hate it when people break plants on purpose. Our bones are stonger too after being broken, but why break a bone to find out? I know you are just experimenting, but I feel sorry for the plant. Ya big meany!

Everything looks great dgf.

You know that I was being sarcastic yeah? hah :) I did NOT break it on purpose! I was rambling on with a joke. I was pulling my hand (rather carefully) away from my plant and my thumb pulled on the tie down.. I didn't think it broke anything, till I noticed it about 30 seconds later.

Thanks for checking in Rosebud! :aok:

As for the plant this morning.. everything is A.O.K.! Temps are good, the plant is good.. all is good. :D

The girls are looking sweet. You are going to have a very nice harvest the next 2 times for sure. I bet that plant with the split won't miss a beat. It sure freaks one out though when it happens. I think that cotton candy is looking like a good candidate for doing a nice scrog. Good work Brother :)

BTW: How's the hydro pumps working now? they just getting by or are they doing about like you want?

The pumps are all timed now, and are "working" but I don't have the flow I want.

When this grow is over, I'm opening up the holes from 1" to 2" :hubba:

Thanks for stopping in Hushpuppy! :aok:

Your babies are very nice and healthy at this point it's time to just sit back and let her mature to the level you like.its easy to split them I done it the other day to my blueberry girl but I tied and repaired the area.now I'll wait a couple days and then I'll remove the ties I had put on for growth/ healing support.
Good luck and green mojo bro!!.

sorry to hear about your ladys trunk dont worry it will be even better when it heals.i see you got your ladys dialed in.

Thanks all for stopping in and saying something. Here's some updated pics. Sorry for lack of text and pic content... this time of year is crazy!!

3weeksoutTALL (2 of 5).jpg

3weeksoutTALL (3 of 5).jpg

3weeksoutTALL (4 of 5).jpg

3weeksoutTALL (5 of 5).jpg

3weeksoutWIDE (2 of 6).jpg

3weeksoutWIDE (3 of 6).jpg

3weeksoutWIDE (4 of 6).jpg

3weeksoutWIDE (5 of 6).jpg

3weeksoutWIDE (1 of 6).jpg

Well Brother, I don't think you are having any problems with those pots not allowing sufficient root growth down into the DWC buckets. :D
Those buds are getting sooo fat :eek: :D How are they smelling?

I tell ya, the two freebies I have are impressing me the most. Delicious Seeds - Cotton Candy, and TH Seeds - Sage N' Sour .. they are both the best looking and smelling out of all of them, but the Critical HOG is also quite nice smelling, and well structured.

Overall, I like the Cotton Candy the most out of all 4 strains currently running, and Acapulco Gold the least.

And yeah, those pots do juuuust fine in DWC hah :D Thanks for stopping by Hushpuppy! :aok:

I believe I'll be taking down Tent #1 next Saturday. That will mark 8 weeks of flowering... could they go more? Absolutely, but I have stuff in veg just itching to get in!!!

Also, I destroyed my Acapulco Gold clone. Helps with space reasons, but that's not the ultimate reason I destroyed it. I just don't want to run it again. Doesn't take very well to training, doesn't produce much, hard to get to germ from seed, doesn't grow too exceedingly healthy, and has hardly ANY smell on my "scratch and sniff" test. It had to go...

Yeah there is just too much high quality MJ out there to worry with an inferior breed. It was worth a shot to see what it would do, but if it doesn't make the cut then it gets cut from the roster :)

I grew one acapulco plant I received as a freebee but it was weak from day one. It was scrawny looking . It did not take any valuable space so I finished it off. It was slightly above average smoke. On second thought I might have paid for that seed.

I bought 5 and only got 2 of them to last... 4 germ'd, 2 fell over after coming up and 1 didn't even make germ. So I had (have) 2 that I had clones from. 1 clone took BARELY, and I mean barely. After watching these 2 grow, I looked over at that sad looking clone that's getting dwarfed by the rest, and said "no no no, homie don't play that"

:) Thanks for checking in all. Should have a chop-chop going next Saturday!

Latest posts

Back