A little Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

After I finish up on the new floors and heating system, I think I'm gonna go fishing for a few days,I have a 30 foot poontoon party boat at Lake Oroville, in northern Cali.I gave it to my brother, he always has a housefull of foster kids,and he's more than maintained it!!! But I get to use it whenever I want to!! I originally bought it to attend a annual blue festival on banks lake, anyway I've got a planner board trolling method and can fish 8 ppl, just go have some fun for a few days, the last time I went down to use it, whoa 108 degrees in the shade,

I sure would like to go but can't get there before tomorrow :eek:

untitled.JPG

Me too. I'm great at fishing also if someone baits my hook.. Lol. I usually outfish everyone. :)

Good luck and have fun.

I can't wait for the big lake to freeze here and catch some lunkers:)

We are planning a few days fishing on our patio boat on Shasta next month. Should catch a bunch of spotted bass and get a red nose from the cold.

Sounds like a lot of fun Skagitmagic. Hope you catch a whopper! Or two.

Sounds like you're at home on the water wherever you go, Skag, NICE!!!

Sounds like a great way to spend a few days, what time do we leave?:D

I got a call from a good friend of mine the other day and he just bought a 46' commercial tuna boat. I can't wait for next summer when the water warms up and we start chasing the bluefin around. We have spent many hours together fishing for striped bass and bluefish, but I sure am looking forward to "graduating" to the big boys!

I have never fished on the West Coast (except for a 3 day trip to Cabo about 10 years ago), but sure would love to give it a shot some day.

Good Luck & stay safe. Make sure to take lots of of pics and let us know how you do. Don't forget to pack some molasses cookies & lollis for those periods when the fish ain't biting! :)

MC

mainechowder said:
We have spent many hours together fishing for striped bass and bluefish, but I sure am looking forward to "graduating" to the big boys!

MC

My one experience with a tuna was fishing in Hawaii for Marlin, we needed bait and quickly hooked into a tuna when we floated through a school surface feeding. The guy hands me the pole (there was just myself and the boat crew, private fishing expedition while on a cruise) and tells me to bring it in....WOW!!! Now, these aren't all that big (at least the one I caught surely wasn't), but with the soft mouth and their tendency to drop straight for the bottom when hooked, it was a long long "battle" lol

Have fun, my friend, hope you get some bigguns!!

Since we are telling "fish" stories, I have one for you all.

On the trip to Cabo I was referring to earlier I had the fishing experience of a lifetime.

We found a school of "football" tuna (all about 20 pounds) and we decided to try and catch some with our smaller striper gear (using 15 pound test line). It was a blast and we were catching them consistently. After 6 or 8 fish, I hooked onto something BIG. After 42 minutes, and large yellowfin tuna surfaced, exhausted from the almost 1 hour fight. It was on the surface flopping with exhaustion about 30 yards from the boat, when the captain spotted a 300-400 pound Mako shark circling my fish. Within seconds, that mako grabbed my prize fish and headed for the bottom. It burned out my drag discs on my reel and got into the backing, which was 100 yards down! All at once, the shark dropped my fish and I proceeded to pull up the tuna. We got it onto the boat and there was a bite, about the size of a car's steering wheel taken from the side of the fish. We weighed it and it was 78 pounds and that's with 3-4 pounds missing from the shark bite.

It's amazing to think that the largest fish I have every caught in my life, was being hunted and killed by an even much larger fish. It was the most amazing time I have ever had fishing and I will never forget it.

MC

Latest posts

Back