a little help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotsman

Reaction score
Hi guys im needing some help watered my plants on friday after repotting used molases for the first time and noticed a on the sunday that a few of the lower leaves on 1 plant were not looking to good is it a nut burn ? i cut them off it was only abt 3/4 leaves what do you guys think it was! i waterd again today using only molases and clean water so il check on them over the next few days any help would be apreciated.

001.JPG

002.JPG

005.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

That looks like a possible cal/mag defficiancy. Thats not nute burn though. Also stop removing leaves unless they are completely dead and fall off. IME removing leaves when you have a defficiancy causes the problem to to spread to the other leaves faster. The reason the leaves are dieing off is the plant is pulling the nutrients it needs from the lower leaves and giving the nutes to the new growth. I use cal/mag withevery watering once they are past the seedling stage.

should the molases not fix the deficiency i have a chart here, strange its only 1 plant oout of 6 and they all had equal amounts and i repoted all plants so its hasnt been treated diffrent from teh other plants

View attachment untitled.bmp

The brown leaf looks a little like you may have spilled the water on her when watering? The others...not sure. How far along is the plant? What's your normal watering habits?

Scotsman, i'm not too sure about molasses... it will give your plant some cal/mag but it has to feed the bacteria first and be broke down in to a usable substance for the plant. In other words it takes time to bounce back. I use cal/mag by botonicare and it starts working almost instantly.

Yes, molasses feeds the soil, not the plant. I also don't think molasses will do much for you unless you're growing organic....I could be mistaken.

im in 12/12 10 days now water normaly every 3 days depends really. i let them dry out a little then water but normaly every 3 days,
watered with B' cuzz nutes for hydro was told you can use hydro nutes on soil, i used nutrition & booster & stimulator with molases i used it before in smaller dosage in the watering before which would be 6 days ago now with no ill effects, 1 tbls of molas per galon and as i said all other plants are doing fine

scotsman said:
should the molases not fix the deficiency i have a chart here, strange its only 1 plant oout of 6 and they all had equal amounts and i repoted all plants so its hasnt been treated diffrent from teh other plants

If these plants are all from seed they can/will have different nute requirements.

I've never used that nute line but if you're useing chemical nutes then i would suggest using a chemical cal/mag not organic.

I've not heard hydro nutes can be used in soil, doesn't even make sense that they'd make 2 types then? I'd be looking for soil nutes....

Roddy said:
I've not heard hydro nutes can be used in soil, doesn't even make sense that they'd make 2 types then? I'd be looking for soil nutes....

Almost all nutes say they are for hydro now a days. I use the FF trio and they all say they are for hydro applications. But technickly(sp?) i am doing hydro. there is no dirt in my medium, just because the roots are'nt under water the entire time does'nt mean its not hydro.

FF sells 2 types, one for hydro and one for soil...you have the hydro mix. I doubt highly the two mixes are the same, and I have no doubt the soil nutes have things only good in soil while the hydro nutes has stuff beneficial to hydro. I could be way off, but seems obvious.

I am addressing Scotsman's comment where he said he was using hydro nutes for soil. I doubt seriously they're compatible, so you may want to look into it before going on!

I serched online before i used them Roddy and from what i can see you can use hydron in soil but dosnt work other way round

As far as watering, sounds like you're doing fairly well...water them fully, then let dry out pretty good before watering again.

scotsman said:
I serched online before i used them Roddy and from what i can see you can use hydron in soil but dosnt work other way round

Are you positive of this?? I am reading the B'cuzz site and see nothing that says this. I do see they offer both soil and hydro nutes though....

the rest of them are doing just fine, pics of my grow i got seed of more than 1 person so i think i have at least 1 diffrent strain of plant in there is it pos to tell what strains? the on ein particular is straight 1 stem plant just looks doffrent to me what do you guys think?

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

Roddy said:
FF sells 2 types, one for hydro and one for soil...you have the hydro mix. I doubt highly the two mixes are the same, and I have no doubt the soil nutes have things only good in soil while the hydro nutes has stuff beneficial to hydro. I could be way off, but seems obvious.

I am addressing Scotsman's comment where he said he was using hydro nutes for soil. I doubt seriously they're compatible, so you may want to look into it before going on!

The label on the back of my FF fertilizer.

BILD0002.JPG

Read the labels from the other 2 bottles...Grow Big doesn't say this (and I don't have the third bottle with me). My guess is that that particular part of the trio will work with both, the rest won't. This is why they sell 2 types.

think il probably leave of the nutes in all honesty and go with water and molas from now to harvest i mixed in some bone meal / blood fish & bone into the soil so i think with that and the molas that should be enough to see them ok what do you guys think? as i only got the nutes in the last week or so and plants have done fine this far.

It's pretty early to rely on the plant to be fed enough now to make it through, your gals will likely starve and your harvest will suffer....

Latest posts

Back