A little 'selective breeding' w/ G-13's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group,

I wanted to try and do a little 'selective breeding' as an experiment, to get some Powerful seeds, for next year...

I just want to pollinate a FEW, lower branches on some of my girls.
Here's what I'm growing Outdoor this year:

1 - Black Domina
2 - S.F.V. Blue Chem ("S.F.V." = San Fernando Valley)
3 - Cherynobyl
4 - Jack's Cleaner2
5 - White Rhino
6 - G-13
7 - A 'Skunk' variety, which I grew from stuff I bought last year.

I figure that I'll use the "K.I.S.S.' principle, and use G-13 Pollen, to 'selectively' pollinate all of the above, with a tiny paintbrush, then put a red twist-tie on each of the pollinated branches, to mark them.

Being a Newbie in Breeding, (looong time grower, however), I have a dumb
question, which I've been thinking about.

Does it even matter if I, say, pollinate a Black Domina w/ G-13, or a Cherynobyl w/G-13, etc.

* What if I "REVERSED" the pollination, and did this...

Would the results be the same, aas if I pollinated a G-13 w/ Black Domina pollen, or G-13 w/ Cherynobyl pollen, etc?

See what I'm asking here???

Wouldn't the results be the same??? :confused:

Same Genetics, just one pollinates one way, and the other pollinates the other way.
( Is my thinking correct here, or am I all F* up on this)?

I figure that I would try to save/utilize the strength and potency of the seeds/strains, which we Bought this year, (for $400-) and combine these already Great Strains, with the potency of the G-13.
- This should give me some kick-*** seeds for next year!

What are YOUR thought on my Bio-Engineering experiment, Experts!

Thankx!

StonedWoodsman....learning new tricks everyday! :icon_smile:

No results would be different

pcduck said:
No results would be different

Hi PCDuck!

Thanks for your fast reply on this question.

Could you give me a short explaination on WHY it would be different...

Thanks,

StonedWoodsman

Has to do with x's and y's of their generics and how they line up in their sequence. That is why there are many different pheno's of the same plant. A breeder takes years to stabilize a strain. Sort of like if you and your sister were twins and had children with a different set of twins they would not all look alike or act alike.

pcduck said:
Has to do with X's and Y's of their generics and how they line up in their sequence. That is why there are many different pheno's of the same plant. A breeder takes years to stabilize a strain. Sort of like if you and your sister were twins and had children with a different set of twins they would not all look alike or act alike.

OK, I see.

Well, I guess that I'll just do a little of what I am proposing, and see what I get.
I should get something good from crossing these strains, wouldn't you think?
(I've Got to do this this afternoon, been saving a few strong males just for this).

Thanks,

Stonedwoodsman

They sure sound good:)

Crossing dank with dank usually gets ya dank.

Once getting selective one can go anywhere with it, depending on what you want to accomplish.

Melvan said:
Who's G13 are you working with?

Hi Melvan,

Well, I have no idea, as to just "Who's G-13's" these were.
They were given to me in April, by a friend, who bought this weed last year, and was told that it was G-13.

They are all very stong/healthy/green and leaves upright!

Gotta be Good!

(and Yes, my thoughts exactly, ..."Dank X Dank" = X-tra Dank, next season"!

Thkx,

StonedWoodsman

As you get to know me you'll find I'm a bit of a genetics ***** and am always interested in lineage. We all have that one part of the over all hobby that we like the best. Some are about the cash, some are about their soil mix, some are about the technology. Me, I'm most interested in the heritage.

It's ok you don't know, there's lots of versions of G13 out there by lots of breeders, and if it grows, produces, and tokes well, who cares who's it is, lol.

pcduck said:
Has to do with x's and y's of their generics and how they line up in their sequence. That is why there are many different pheno's of the same plant. A breeder takes years to stabilize a strain. Sort of like if you and your sister were twins and had children with a different set of twins they would not all look alike or act alike.
:yeahthat:

That was exactly the case with my ex FIL and MIL They were both twins and their twins also married. Twin brothers and twin sisters.:eek:

The cousins did not look or act alike. Still, a weird family for the most part.:bolt:

Even when I was doing orchids, if you bred species the results would be different depending on the pollen parent and seed parent for the same exact cross. Like AxB vs BxA.

Not enough school to explain why, but I did observe it.

Read that DJ Short thing. He did note he had better results with a male indica on a female sativa than the other way around. Makes you go hmmmmmmm

Wet

hey stonedwoodsman when you jump into breeding your really going to have to siit down and figure out what your breeding for in the first place. you have to make a plan. whats the mean thing you want . a big harvest, high thc count, looks, smells high cbn count. i ve been working on one strain since 2006 work one one trait at a time once you have that trait showing up in 60-70 % of your plants. then more on to the next trait

Latest posts

Back