A new bulb, and despite scale... a beautiful crop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Fellow Growers,

I had neglected to replace my 400w bulb for 20 months!
Now with a new bulb, {and despite scale...}
I just harvested a crop of giant, heavy buds.
Beautiful they are.

I am learning... {thats the most important thing.}
Now its scale... {Its always something.}
I'll fumigate the house and kill all the scale.
10 times...!
Then stay inside and not set plants outside for 'free sun'.
It isn't free... outside has problems I never thought about.

I've grown good crops outside with no scale!
Setting them out to sun for a few hours brought on a plethora of problems.
I read scale can be gotten rid of so I guess I'll just chalk this one up to...
Learning.

Like the chain saw...
Ethanol gas attracts water.
{How can cars run on that sxxx?}
Chain saws can't, or won't!

After years I figured out that Stihl gas at $34. a gallon was a good deal.
When I went down to buy some, I asked if their was a generic gas with no ethanol...
and their was...!
And for $23. a gallon.
My life became easier instantly.

Boys... buy non ethanol gas for your chain saws.
They will run better and be much more dependable.

Thank you...

Poet...

In my state, non-ethanol gas is available for about $1 more then regular. I run it in my stuff. I have to in my Harleys, otherwise I have to rebuild the carbs every year.

Buy Sthil oil and mix it yourself. With regular non ethanol it runs about $6.00 a gallon.

I wont put anything other than can gas in my string trimmer or girl sized chainsaw (stihl mini boss, love it). When I bought the string trimmer , husquavarna was offering free extended warranty if you bought a case of their can gas. Figure their gamble was after the first off season and starting on the first pull in the spring, us consumers would see the light. Yup! I'm hooked! No gummy gross carbs.

Our Walmart has added Ethanol free gas ...it is about $.50 a gallon more...I add the treatment for ethanol in the gas and it works decent for a year or so. 3 generators...mower...tiller...chain saw.

I'll ask at the gas stations around here if they have non-ethanol gas.
I'll even go to Walmart! Hey this is really big!
Saw gas that is $15. cheaper than canned non-ethanol gas at the hardware store. This really makes my day, thanks to everybody.

And Stinky... my saw is a 'Farm Boss', a 271 I think.
I am impressed that you, a chick has her own chain saw...
Wow... how cool. How far from Texas are you?

Thank you...

Poet...

I'm on the mass Vermont border where chicks wear plaid flannels and wield our chainsaws with surgical precision. We have aggressive trees here and keeping any semblance of a lawn requires chainsaws and/or goats.

I learned the lesson of putting plants outside once. There was this sunny sort of drizzle one day, so i lugged my vegging plants outside to see if they would perk up in the rain. They did, but the white flies attached themselves to the plants too and caused an insane infestation. I basically scrapped the grow because i could not control them for the life of me.

i had a similar scenario but i brought spider mites and caterpillars in with my plants. took me maybe a year to get things back to normal. gotta keep 'em separated-the offspring...

Latest posts

Back