A.P South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played rugby in college for a season. An English dude taught me in my first practice how American football style tackling is not a good thing when playing rugby by almost crushing my head…
I took a course in college called ' Nope ! Don't do it !" and they advised against that and recommended girls volleyball and gymnastics as a spectator sport .

Me either. I went to work. Big brother went for four years, got a job, and the job paid for college classes pertaining to work off and on for almost his entire career. . I retired at 50. He retired at 67. Pays to be dumb, huh? :)

Me either. I went to work. Big brother went for four years, got a job, and the job paid for college classes pertaining to work off and on for almost his entire career. . I retired at 50. He retired at 67. Pays to be dumb, huh? :)
I graduated a year early and had a scholarship to attend the first of its kind microelectronics engineering program in the world at RIT so it was a no brainer to go. I have one son who went the college route who is making great money but would go the trade school route if he had it to do over again. I regret not encouraging that to him. He is ambivalent about his job. My other son dropped out of high school (with our blessing since school was not his thing) and is making a good living AND loves his job. Being happy is better than making bank and being ambivalent in my opinion.

I did a diesel mechanic trade school mid '70s to be a bit more than just a roustabout/floorhand on an oil drilling rig ... a lot more $ during that era.

about three years later my cousin got killed on a rig, then a week later one of my best friends got killed on a rig .. i quit

I graduated a year early and had a scholarship to attend the first of its kind microelectronics engineering program in the world at RIT so it was a no brainer to go. I have one son who went the college route who is making great money but would go the trade school route if he had it to do over again. I regret not encouraging that to him. He is ambivalent about his job. My other son dropped out of high school (with our blessing since school was not his thing) and is making a good living AND loves his job. Being happy is better than making bank and being ambivalent in my opinion.
They had split sessions back when I was in school. I'd go the last three hours with the 11-12 graders and then do my normal with the 9-10 graders. I'd collected enough credit hours to graduate half way through my senior year. The guidance counselor called me down to her office and said that the administration had reneged on the deal. I walked out and never looked back.
Nowadays, I'd have sued the school and got the diploma. Probably still could, but why bother?

They had split sessions back when I was in school. I'd go the last three hours with the 11-12 graders and then do my normal with the 9-10 graders. I'd collected enough credit hours to graduate half way through my senior year. The guidance counselor called me down to her office and said that the administration had reneged on the deal. I walked out and never looked back.
Nowadays, I'd have sued the school and got the diploma. Probably still could, but why bother?

fu.cking renegers

My youngest got his GED before he would have even graduated. One of the vice principals told him if he wouldn’t get fired, he would throw down with him after my boy had flipped and pummeled the fk out of a kid that had been picking on one of his smaller friends. I told the guy I would sign off on them getting in the ring with some gloves on and he backed off and apologized to my kid. Ben had been rolling BJJ with adults since he was 11 years old and had won a few NAGA tournaments as well as boxing and Muay Thai tournaments. He would have cleaned the guys clock. The VP now talks to Ben at the YMCA where Ben runs a lot of programs including the child care program where the guys kid goes. The guy had told Ben he would never amount to anything and was amazed when he realized what he had become. I still hate that Fkr…

Latest posts

Back