A peak into what I've been up to..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
Currently been growing a strain from a buddy of mine, half frost x lolipop and half guru. been start'n to herm on me lately :(
the youngest in flower has been pop'n nanners and I've been trying to keep up with pulling them out before they pop open, so far I seem to be ahead of the game.
Been getting 2 to 3 oz per plant with no veg time so I've added a lil veg station to increase production. It'll be another 3 to 4 weeks before I see them results.
When I first started up in this area I did a couple weeks of veg and got 5 oz from one and 3 each form the other two. Working towards a rotating cycle where I can cut one down every three weeks.
Running stand alone DWC - two 400W HPS (digi ballasts, tend to run at 275 cuz the heat) - Botanicare nutes - 60watt airpump(flower) 18watt(veg)
Got a few WW beans from another friend, gonna have those going in a month or so.
Pics...

sx1.JPG

sx2.JPG

sx3.JPG

sx4.JPG

sx5.JPG

sx6.JPG

sx7.JPG

sx8.JPG

Nice pilgrem very nice will it be fillin yur pouch at the end? Hopin so dont know how big yur pouch is but size dont matter be how yual use it. But seriously quite nice good luck with yur harvest.

BWD

Nice ish.....any idea on why you are getting the hermies? Light leak or genetics? Trying to keep up with nanners is never any fun. Sounds like good yields.

Thanks guys. The hermie situation is probably a multitude of things..
A) the seeds were femenized with hermie pollen. :(
B) There could be a small light leak from time to time. I've been needing to revamp the inclosure.
C) I've been cutting clones off the best of the original beans for several months and think its biological clock just ran out of time.
D) Temps occasionally find themselves at 86 - 89...

the last one I cut had less then ten beans out of 3 oz, but the one before that had 200+ out of 3.5 oz.. so it could be a small light leak near the middle of the area..

I'm thinking of trading out the two 400's for one air cooled 600 when the funds are available.. or maybe go crazy and get a 1000W if it's gonna be air cooled..

I had about the same come out of a qp when i did my last grow, about 150-200 beans due to light leakage. These look great though despite the hermie problem. should still produce a nice amount of smoke!

Suppose I should get off my arse. I have duct tape and extra black plastic.. :doh:
Question arise: Will stopping the light leak now, prevent continued hermballs?
All the male flowers that have shown so far have been in the under/inside area of the plant... thus much of that has been gutted...
Well I'll keep a close eye on her and report my experience.

ishnish said:
Question arise: Will stopping the light leak now, prevent continued hermballs?

That's a good question bro...not sure if you can "turn off" the balls once they start showing. I will say that stopping any light leak will help your grow though.

once they start, there's no stopping them unfortunately I do not believe. As far as I understood in regards to hermies, once you see the nanners, it's sex is permanent. so your best bet is to separate those plants harvest the bud and either do away with the seeds, or if you're in an area where they may have a chance to grow outdoors in any particular season, find a nice place to toss them. I like to see mother nature do her thing without my hands interrupting!

Two days have passed since I've seen a male flower on her. Got my fingers crossed and still gonna keep an eye on here. Unfortunately I don't have the room to separate the ballbuster, Just gonna keep on keep'n on.
My veg station had an issue with the airstone getting clogged up, so I cut the lil flower a few days early here and put the veg plant into flower. Thinking I'll get the WW under the veg lights today. It's been a while since I've tasted some good WW.. :icon_smile:

Yay!!!! is WW White Widow?? so many strains now days i have to ask lol... .. great job staying on your hermie issue :watchplant: ...

Aloha
SquidyP

Yes, White Widow it is... or at least that's what I was told.. but I got em from a buddy that ordered them so there's a good chance it's what they say it is.
I discovered that my veg stations airstone wasn't bubble'n at all a couple days ago, so I cut the lil flower a bit early to move things around so I could clean off the airstone and change the bucket out with some fresh water and veg nutes. Looks like I'll get about an oz off it.. Probably get some pics up later this weekend.

:yay: i had the Aloha Widow years back... was great weed .. and when i was i on the Big Island, I smoked some G13WIDOW that kicked me arse for a good 5-6 hrs... Im excited for you inish.. I hope you score a dank pheno..

Plenti Aloha
SquidyP:fly:

I truly miss the WW phenos I had. by far my favorite plant to grow.

So far, No more bananas have been spotted.. :yay:
but I'm sure some will pop up in the thicket of buds... hopefully they'll be sterile naners..
that little one I cut down was about 1.5 oz. thankfully seedless.
here's a peak at how they're doing now..

DSCF1596.JPG

DSCF1597.JPG

DSCF1598.JPG

Wow, the little one on the right in pic 1 has really grown, I'll try get some pics up later.
The lady that had nanner issues came out clean. :cool:
Yield wasn't what I was hope'n for.. think I should start changing buckets half way trough flower... been lazy..
Anyway, the white widow was a total male. harvested a lil pollen before sending him to the landfill. just pollinated a branch on the frosty guru couple days ago. hopefully it's successful and just on the one branch.. :watchplant:
Also started a Hop vine. love trying new things.

Latest posts

Back