A plant in a pot under the sky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad man moon

Reaction score
Hello to you. Welcome!

I’m growing an auto-flower in a patio container, outdoors, for the very first time.

I am not super familiar with how to start counting days or weeks. I soaked a bean labeled Wedding Cake and the next evening placed the cracked embryo into a mix of my own creation. I placed a clear cup over her and after a few days the tiny plant emerged.

First pic is when the cup came off and she began soaking up the pure sun. July 12

The second image, I took this morning, July 20.

In my mind this is one week old?

My garden is full of life and it's always a bit of a gamble out there. I rely on my natural predators to aid in insect control, but I keep a close eye on things.

So that's the story...roll film.

mmm

Attachments

• July12.png
    July12.png
    680.3 KB · Views: 0
  • July20.png
    July20.png
    646.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looking great man, look forward to seeing your results. What is the seed to harvest time on that strain.

I like the way you think, i have a feeling you will fit in just fine around here.

Looking great man, look forward to seeing your results. What is the seed to harvest time on that strain.

I like the way you think, i have a feeling you will fit in just fine around here.
Thank you. I feel comfortable here in this forum, and let's face it...birds of a feather.

Here is what the site says about them. 100 dollars was a large amount for me to trust an unknown entity. But as the world turns it ended up at my doorstep.

Attachments

• cake.png
    cake.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
Your seeds sound like they are gonna be good. Wonder why they call it wedding cake? Those white flowers perhaps?
Wedding Cake is a clone only phenotype of the Triangle Mints line by Seed Junky Genetics. It is a combination of the legendary Triangle Kush mother to an Animal Mints male. The nickname Wedding Cake was originally given to the hybrid by the Jungle Boys, because of its unmistakable vanilla cake frosting aroma.

Wedding Cake​

(Triangle Kush x Animal Mints) = Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake was gifted to 808 Genetics by the Jungle Boyz and Berner in 2016. Bred and selected by Seed Junky Genetics, and also known as Triangle Mints #3, it is a cross of Triangle Kush x Animal Mints. Animal Mints is a breeding of Animal Cookies x Sin Mint Cookies from Sin City Seeds.

Wedding Cake is a well circulated cut within the United States. It has a nice creamy vanilla gas aroma with lots of resin. Wedding Cake breeds well, and due to its high resin content, produces water hashing ability in the offspring.

@gmo did your wedding cake have an unmistakable vanilla cake frosting aroma? Just wondering…
Hmmm, I never would have attributed the smell to vanilla cake frosting, but now that you make mention of it, it was very sweet smelling, some earthy smells and maybe a touch of vanilla. 👍

I'll break into a jar and bud tonight and let you know what I'm getting from it.

The reason I was asking is none of the weed I’ve grown smells quite like the description they give it to me anyways. I would love to have the weed taste testers job smoking weed all day and making those fancy write ups that want to make you push the order button immediately. I have grown some crazy smelling weed tho and will say when @bigsur51 asked me what it smelled like, I was lost for words trying to describe it. 😁

The reason I was asking is none of the weed I’ve grown smells quite like the description they give it to me anyways. I would love to have the weed taste testers job smoking weed all day and making those fancy write ups that want to make you push the order button immediately. I have grown some crazy smelling weed tho and will say when @bigsur51 asked me what it smelled like, I was lost for words trying to describe it. 😁
Does your Freak Show plant stink? Mine are really smelly for being so young. I do not think they are going to be as stealthy as I hoped.

@gmo did your wedding cake have an unmistakable vanilla cake frosting aroma? Just wondering…
As promised I went through my jars and notes of Wedding Cake this evening.

A couple notes:
I labeled each plant, A-F
3 different grows of 2 plants per grow
All very similar phenotypes, similar yoelds
Plant E is superior in taste, smell, structure, appeal
A, B, C, D all very earthy, not real sweet some spicy notes.
Plant E smells almost identical to a nice merlot wine. Sweet, fermenting.
Plant F smells similar to a,b,c,d but more skunky.

Plant E would be my selection.

No vanilla, no excess sweetness. I've had my reservations with ILGM genetics, and my mind hasn't been changed after dipping back in my stash.

Don't get discouraged, you'll grow some weed, but I have doubts on the lineage of what they are advertising and what they are selling.

20220721_225815.jpg
20220721_225845.jpg

As promised I went through my jars and notes of Wedding Cake this evening.

A couple notes:
I labeled each plant, A-F
3 different grows of 2 plants per grow
All very similar phenotypes, similar yoelds
Plant E is superior in taste, smell, structure, appeal
A, B, C, D all very earthy, not real sweet some spicy notes.
Plant E smells almost identical to a nice merlot wine. Sweet, fermenting.
Plant F smells similar to a,b,c,d but more skunky.

Plant E would be my selection.

No vanilla, no excess sweetness. I've had my reservations with ILGM genetics, and my mind hasn't been changed after dipping back in my stash.

Don't get discouraged, you'll grow some weed, but I have doubts on the lineage of what they are advertising and what they are selling.

View attachment 303642View attachment 303643
Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that.
I share your reservations about seed banks and questionable lineage.
Time will reveal whatever potential little Wanda has. This is certainly an experimental endeavor, but one I am hopeful about.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that.
I share your reservations about seed banks and questionable lineage.
Time will reveal whatever potential little Wanda has. This is certainly an experimental endeavor, but one I am hopeful about.
Just because they don’t smell like vanilla icing don’t mean they are not great smoke either…good luck with your grow and keep us all posted please 😊

Latest posts

Back