A plant in a pot under the sky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good. I sometimes use the same cage to keep my fking dog from chewing on my young girls.
You putting that in the ground or a bigger pot?

Looking good. I sometimes use the same cage to keep my fking dog from chewing on my young girls.
You putting that in the ground or a bigger pot?
Rabbits, dogs, crazy scrub jays...It's a deterrent cage and I can use it for support when she flowers. Little Willow will stay there in her faded green
Yum.png
house in the little corner of the patio until we can collect the gifts she has. I feel like these auto-flowers are less heat tolerant and just as fussy as any cannabis. This yard was a bare hot inhospitable mess a few years back and has improved greatly. The tomato grove is where last years plants went in ground. They are doing a phenomenal job and I will be making tomato products today.
I'm just quite pleased that Willow looks happy and I will continue to care for her and protect her as best I can.

It is a serious endeavor, but we work through the steps to honor the gifts.
Another gift was the ground beef from a friend who loves his cows. Not in a way that says delicious...he seriously is the most loving humane person I know in that line of work.
And so a marriage of time and friendship creates a sauce begging for a nice fresh pasta.
IMG_6977.jpg

It is a serious endeavor, but we work through the steps to honor the gifts.
Another gift was the ground beef from a friend who loves his cows. Not in a way that says delicious...he seriously is the most loving humane person I know in that line of work.
And so a marriage of time and friendship creates a sauce begging for a nice fresh pasta.
View attachment 304669
Makes me want a tomato sandwich

Back to the task at hand.

A day of kitchen duty is always a nice diversion and many meals will benefit many hungry souls.

Today brings some much needed moisture to us.

It also brings first flowers without any big panic on my part. I may fashion a shower cap if this tropical influence decides to get serious.

I hope that this day finds you joyous and thankful.
willowflowers.png

A day of kitchen duty is always a nice diversion and many meals will benefit many hungry souls.
You make me miss my Old Boys. When I first moved into Rancho Hippie, I had two old bachelors for neighbors, both of which I'd known for a long time. I was just a kid in the old hood when I met Jim, who was a detective for the RR. The guy next to him was the father of the girl that introduced me to my future wife.
When I cook, I cook squad sized meals. It's just easier, and makes the same sized mess to clean up. The light in those guys eyes when I'd bring over a large portion of whatever I'd made still makes me smile.

Back to the task at hand.

Today brings some much needed moisture to us.

It also brings first flowers without any big panic on my part. I may fashion a shower cap if this tropical influence decides to get serious.

I hope that this day finds you joyous and thankful.
View attachment 304742
You plant is pretty but what are those white spots on the leaves? I hate when I am asked this question but it has saved me from thrips once. Just checking to make sure you don’t have a problem as well.. maybe just water droplets. After I bring them closer… I just worry about spots now 😁
8A965288-74DF-4D49-8B23-E24689D61780.jpeg

Little droplets of the gentle mist gathered before I fashioned this lovely shower cap.

Willow is stretching out, so I gave her a larger support system in the process.

You folks make me smile. I appreciate your advice and concern more than I can express.
cap.png

You make me miss my Old Boys. When I first moved into Rancho Hippie, I had two old bachelors for neighbors, both of which I'd known for a long time. I was just a kid in the old hood when I met Jim, who was a detective for the RR. The guy next to him was the father of the girl that introduced me to my future wife.
When I cook, I cook squad sized meals. It's just easier, and makes the same sized mess to clean up. The light in those guys eyes when I'd bring over a large portion of whatever I'd made still makes me smile.
This is truly what life is all about. A gift.

I work in a very small kitchen, but I also tend to go big and stock freezer and give meals out.

Many of my tribe are Elders and I have to schedule enough time to make it a proper visit. A nice chat on the porch does not suffice.
Listen to your Elders and look into their eyes as they pour love back into you. It's a simple exchange of care and understanding.

As Willow grows, I am faced with the inevitable threat that a flower filled yard will bring. I gave a good look and indeed an attack has occurred here in her protective grove. So, I must address the insects by deadheading and clearing flower beds and begin to spray. I have such reservation in this. I try to live and let live here in this garden.

I imagine today would be a good day for it as the skies stabilize. Dusk should be about right, with little pollinator activity, I can lightly mist only her away from the active feeding areas of the humming ones.

Growing organic food and cannabis in the same little space is a thing I would never recommend, but, well...inviting wildlife in to forage is a bit goofy too.

As you may notice, I try to balance all good things and honor all living things equally. It's not an ideal situation for Miss Wanda of the Willows, but I continue to enjoy a very enthusiastic, joyous vibe from her. We have to reach an accord, she and I. Fussiness needs to be held to a minimum as I do the best I can with whatever is yet to be. Some day perhaps a small greenhouse, but for now we will fully engage the sun and rains together, like two old pals, fighting for healing.

mmm

Last edited:
That’s a beautiful basket.
Thank you. I keep the ones that are misshapen or perfectly homegrown for my own use. The beauties go to the places they need to be.
That box was a swiffer pad box that worked out perfectly for my buddy Mr. G. Some of the baskets are quite cute, some are Mr. G. style.

such fun

You plant is pretty but what are those white spots on the leaves? I hate when I am asked this question but it has saved me from thrips once. Just checking to make sure you don’t have a problem as well.. maybe just water droplets. After I bring them closer… I just worry about spots now 😁
View attachment 304744
That is the misty water spheres which dried in a soft breeze. Plus I made a shower cap. 🌝

How dawns the day? fellow travelers...

I've moved Willow Wanda out for a spray this evening.

My question is. Flowers are setting...some light trimming?

WW8.2.png

Poor thing, moving around like a favorite ottoman.
I'm still trying to find a good balance for this plant. I like taco's but not on a baby like this.

I will say that I am enjoying this quite a bit.
It is actually relaxing.
Will83.png

22 inches tall

Latest posts

Back