A Plethera of Strainz...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PirateSteve420z

Reaction score
Going to try my 5th grow right now, and was wondering if y'all can follow along and give some guidance or some constructive critisizm-I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm self taught by reading lotz of info, trial and error, and from askin other grow buddies questions. Not trying to say I'm a pro, or anything like that... but I like to say my knowledge is average...hopefully a little above average..lmao.. Basically, if it sounded like a good idea, I probably talked myself into believing its true and went for it! LAMO Alot of trialz...

So, I think I have a decent set up... not the best but it works for me:
400w switchable mh/hps
SunSystem Yiled Master II
400w Digital Lumatek Ballast
Oracle 6" 445 cfm Inline Fan
PlantMax Lamps mh/hps
and a 3'x5'x6'7"h Grow Lab by Home Box
I'll be growing with Fox Farmz Ocean Forest and I plan to add Grow Big in about 3 weekz time. But for now until I can get myself to the shop, the plants are being sustained by a 6500k shop light which I'm surprised... is doing quite well. First time for everything...

Other than that... Here is the cast for this grow journal:
(This is the first time I'm posting/posting picturez... so please bear with me... Tryin to use that Picasa...confusing for this simple stoner mind...
IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

From left to right... we have 2 small Godz Gift Clones I took (long story; I'll share with you guys later)
Next we have Rocklock OG
And Sensi Star in the first pic...

The second pic...which you guyz are probably trippin on... is my Purple Master in the dog bowl, and to the right of that, we have a Bubba OG.

Okokok... so lemme explain the dog bowl...
I'm going to try and do an LST/Bonsai plant!!! So the reason for the dog bowl, is because itz long and about an inch deep; trying to simulate a bonsai type pot and it costs .99cents and it was the only thing I found small enough that wasnt a see through plastic tupperware. Figured I try it out and possibly try to "train" it some what, and spend the money later on a nice bonsai pot if I decide to keep it like that. I'm trying to be the white boy version of Mr. Myagi! Ha!

So yea I know I'm not going to get a big yield, I know I'm stunting the plant, and I know the roots are going to be all bound... its just for art purposes only. So here are some picturez of the Bonsai:
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

good luck man..i would veg w the mh or get some t5ho instead of the shop light youll get much tighter nodes better over all growth..imo a shop light is only good for rooting clones and even then sketchy

You need better light....those clones in the first pic kinda tell the story of not enough light or the light was too far away. They look quite stretched. Looks like that shop light isn't really cutting it. I veg under HO T5's....
Other then the stretch they don't look too bad. Good luck and green mojo.

Yea I'm going to veg with my mh light I have... I just used the shop light cuz of the two godz gift clonez I did...I didn't want to dry them out with the mh. The clones haven't really stretched on me per se..., I've only had them for about 4 days.... and never raised the lights on them. I think tho from the shop I got them from is where they might have got their stretch. The tops of my plants are litterally like an inch away from the bulbz. I was only going to buy 2 clonez and walked out with 5... 3 being free! Maybe thatz why he gave them to me for free... wanted to get rid of the stretchy onez! Ha!! But yea as soon as I can get my lazy butt to get another bag 'o dirt... once I plant, I'll put on the mh! Itz above the shop light now...waiting for me to flip the switch!

Free Clones! Awesome who cares if there stretched maybe you can just get some cuts off them sooner :) maybe not lol but still for free hey :bong2:

You are going to want to bury the tops of the rockwool cubes below the dirt surface. Otherwise algae will grow on the cubes. When you repot, bury part of the stem to deal with the bad stretch you have going.

No offense, but I see no reason or purpose to deliberately stunting and stressing a plant. If you want a long low plant get a decent sided container and LST.

Just because something is free doesn't make it good. I spent months growing a freebie bean that is just horrible. I personally am really quite upset to have spent so much time, effort, and money on something so bad.

I wouldn't spend months growing a horrible bean... pluck it and start over.. I guess people in the medical states have that option. Back in the day, I held on to alllll of my Bubba seedz...however... this "mystery seed" I had ended up being short and compact and packed a punch like a son of a bean!;) Good ol highschool dayz...growing in the rose bushes!!

As I said, I'm trying to make it somewhat like a bonsai plant.... bonsai plants are stressed and stunted and have no where close to a decent sized container..! I think thatz what bonsai meanz translated into english: stress out the plant as much as you can, cut their rootz, and if itz still alive.. find the beauty in it! LMAO... just kidding... i don't know japanese! ;) More if anything, i think of it as somewhat artsy... artsy in my dog bowl! Just another one of my trialz that I'm doing; that didn't cost me nothin but .99centz if it doesn't work out!

PirateSteve420z said:
....and from askin other grow buddies questions.

This can be a real problem, too. One of the first rules of growing is to tell no one. Virtually every single person that I know who gets busted does so because some one else knew about their grow and ratted them out.

As a side note--There was no way to tell that this plant was not going to mature and flower well until I was far into flowering. Watch out for your bonsai and hermie traits.

Latest posts

Back