A project being considered.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stoney Bud

Check this out. I've thought of trying something. I have to prune the new growth off my "Mothers" every week. More grow than I have use for, and the plants are all 4 feet high after pruning.

Here's what I've thought of doing.

Set up a flowering room that is set up to receive 50 cuttings each week. That's how many I prune every week. Then make a multi-chamber aeroponic rooting/flowering unit that has nine groups of 50 cups. Each week, I could put 50 cuttings into it and the light would just stay at 12/12. Each week, 50 pots would become available as I "harvested" the 9 week old cuttings. Each of them would have maybe a 1/8 ounce of bud on it. That's 6 ounces of weed each week.

The 450 cup aeroponics unit would be easy to set up. With aeroponics, it's just more pumps and nozzles. The rest is just PVC and Rubbermaid pans. I could do this with a pump for each weeks cuttings. Easy. I'd have to add a rooting hormone to the nutrient on a constant feed basis. The first 15 days, the plant would make roots and then it would flower real nice.

I've got to toss this around in my head for awhile. It sure would make it fast and easy. Four Mothers and a flowering room maxed out with HPS and aeroponics.

Lets toss it around. What do you guys and gals all think?

50 plants/week?
Hope you got a whole hell of a lot of space and equip.
You'd take your first batch: you have to root them (say 2 weeks) before 12/12. Then an 8 week flowering period.
50 new cuttings/week for 10 weeks for the first 50 to clear means 500 plants.
That's considered a commercial op in law enforcement circles.
Imo it'd be better to just figure what you need and grow enough plants "regularly" to achieve that amt.

GanjaGuru said:
50 plants/week?
Hope you got a whole hell of a lot of space and equip.
You'd take your first batch: you have to root them (say 2 weeks) before 12/12. Then an 8 week flowering period.
50 new cuttings/week for 10 weeks for the first 50 to clear means 500 plants.
That's considered a commercial op in law enforcement circles.
Imo it'd be better to just figure what you need and grow enough plants "regularly" to achieve that amt.
Actually GG, that type of a grow doesn't take that much equipment or room. 12 pumps, 4 1000W HPS, and a bunch of the cheap stuff.

The rooting can happen as they flower. The plant does it perfectly.

It would be 9 weeks tops, and you could grow 6 ouces a week for any medical persons who you could legally grow it for.

If you have the authorization to grow for medical recievers, then being a "Commercial op" as you call it, wouldn't be a consideration.

If someone were to have a setup such as this, and just want to grow weed, then as long as they realize the penaltys involved if caught, then more power to them.

I gotta tell you man, it sounded to me like you were cracking on me. I hope you're telling me I'm wrong, as I've done nothing to you or said anything to you or anyone to deserve being cracked on.

Peace on you man. Maybe you were just having a bad night.

I'm not familiar with the phrase "cracking" on someone.
If you mean you felt I was critisizing you, I don't see how you got that impression from my response.
I wasn't.
I've tried flowering fresh cuttings. I had a huge die-off rate (like about a third).
If you've done it, great.
But it's my opinion that trying to get a cutting with no roots to produce bud AND grow roots at the same time is very difficult.
I think that if you waited 2 weeks until the clones were rooted you'd get a much bigger yield, enough to make it worth the wait.

Stoney, didn't sound like he was crackin on you. Just watching your back a little on the size of the op. (4000w grow room is huge dude). You are trying something I never heard of. Wouldn't it be a ton of stress on the clone trying to root on a 12/12 light? I always thought the clone needed to be under florous under a veg. light schedule until rooting was completed 10-14 days?but if this can be done it would knock off a lot of time for flowering, which has my curiosity peaked.

Mutt said:
Stoney, didn't sound like he was crackin on you. Just watching your back a little on the size of the op. (4000w grow room is huge dude). You are trying something I never heard of. Wouldn't it be a ton of stress on the clone trying to root on a 12/12 light? I always thought the clone needed to be under florous under a veg. light schedule until rooting was completed 10-14 days?but if this can be done it would knock off a lot of time for flowering, which has my curiosity peaked.
Hey Mutt! Long time no hear man! Hope everything is doing well for you. Yeah, I don't think he was crackin on me either. I get touchy when leo is mentioned, and I react in a stressful manner I don't really mean.

Flowering a clone while rooting it would be stressful to the plant. I'm going to set up an experment for this on my upcoming flowering. I'll use my aeroponic cloning chamber and include it in the flowering room. I'll post the results.

I love a challange. The regular Hydro grows are getting boring. I just can't leave anything alone. I always have to try something different. (As long as I don't run out of smoke).

Be cool dude!

Latest posts

Back