A slew of problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmentat

Reaction score
So, some of my girls are suffering from upturned leaves, yellowing around the edges, raised ridges, roughness, and brown spots that look like "rust mold" but couldn't be. What is this??

I recently transplanted them from 2 gallon smart pots into 3 gallon bags and moved them from a CO2 enhanced room (about 1000PPM) with CFLS to another room with HPS (all of them are 2 feet or more from the light) and the same CO2 enhancement. In the first room I had been feed them Age Old Grow (1/2 strength), Canna Rhizotonic, EJ Microboost, with the odd dosing of Botanicare CalMag, all PH'd to around 6.2-6.6. The problems started when I moved them into the new room. I've kept the PH the same but have switched from Age Old to Fox Farm Grow Big. Temps are always 76F-85F 40%-65% humidity. So, the changes are: HPS lights, new nutes, and a transplant. PPM was really high on this last feeding, around 3400 after PH adjusting and that was with medium strength nutes in my 50GL res that I have been hand feeding/watering from.

I want to flip them into flower but this is making me hesitant. Anyone have any ideas? BTW, tonight I fed them just water with medium strength Clearex thinking it might be nute lock.

The plants in the pic are SD vegged for about 2.5 months.

TIA!

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

....Would also like to add that it's only half the plants in the room that are doing this

I would say that the 3400 ppm could well have had some negative effect.

I agree with THG about the 3400 ppm and for the ones that are not burned the 3400 ppm has probably locked these plants out.

It looks like a combination of things. Straight away I would say that looks like they are suffering from being too hot and dry, but you say you just transplanted them into foxfarm which is hot and you fed them too. I think you may have done too much too quickly and they are in big time shock.

Going from CFL to HPS may be a big jump in lumens and in radient heat if there is a big difference in the 2 lights. That could be affecting them, then of course you transplanted which can cause shock sometimes anyway. Then they have waay too much nutes.

I would continue only giving straight water, and if there is a big difference in the lights, I would back up the HPS light to 2.5' to hopefully reduce some intensity and give them a break so that they can recouperate. Also if you are using co2 injection I assume you don't have a lot of ventilation, (that 85* could be an issue also) I would get a fan moving the air good in the space(if there isn't one already). Green Mojo to yer girls. :)

Thanks guys that all makes good sense to me. I'm wondering though why would my ppm be so high if I'm only feeding them medium strength nutes? Like two teaspoons per gl when it calls for 1 to 3?

Your feeding the wrong items, plus 3400ppm is just plain wrong.

First things first, I would flush your girls with str8 water.

Then go back and feed at parts no greater then 1000ppm, with CalMag being at least 400ppm of that. You have a calmg def.

The cal mg def could be caused by the PH being a little high, you should hit them at around 6.0

Kill you CO2 until you get them str8.

hello greenmentat i know im new here and my opinion means little atm buuuuut looks to me like heat stress or light bleaching

what medium are you using and how do you test your ph and ec/tds/ppm 3400 is no goood shoving food down their throats does not make them get bigger faster or grow better that's for sure npk is all ya need to grow weed all that extra stuff just complicates matters when something does go wrong keep it as simple as possible imho if you back them lights up wayyy up that should help a bit but again 3400 is no good when in doubt flush them out at about 1-2 gallons of water for every gallon of medium i also had to poke extra holes in the grow bags i used to use they didnt drain very good for me
and another thing dont listen to the label on the bottles those labels are designed to make u use as much of there product as possible i start with quarter strength then work up from there knowing your plants is key the manufacture will not help you when you need it that's for sure good luck i hope you get it figured out

Thanks, everyone. All of the advice makes sense to me so I'm going to do it all. I've dialed down my lights from 600 super lumen to 400 and kept them at about 2-2.5 feet. Shut off the CO2 so it's around 250-300. I have a minisplit and it's keeping the temps at around 80 degrees most of the day. I added some fans today to help with air circulation. The last feeding a few days ago was water and clearex and today I flushed with 1 gallon of pure water pure 3 gallon container (there's only 2-2.5gls of soil in each container, and because I just transplanted around ten days ago most of it's brand new Sunshine organic aggragate, so, I figure that's enough flushing). I'm going to start them up on a below 1000PPM 6.0PH cal/mag heavy feeding regiment in about three days. I'm just going to let them chill for a little while and then if everything starts to look better I'm going to flip them into flower around the 29th. I'd wait longer but they're just getting too tall. I'll update soon.

I didn't see where you said what medium you are in but I assume that it is soil. I am not a soil guy but I thought the soil ph should be between 6.5 and 7.3 with the best level being around 6.8. If any soil folks can chime in on this?

Latest posts

Back