A Stoner Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
Hello every one ok i am starting a grow journal so everyone can follow and hopefully help through this attempt to grow in a very confined space this is just to see if it can b done basically a stoner experiment lol.... here is some pics... i will track this the whole way in a notebook so if i forget to post something i can catch it up... first pic is of the box i am useing.. i painted the walls flat white and i didn' t like it so i used some white heavy duty plastic that seems to make the box alot brighter.. the next two r the sprouts that i have germenated.. will plant very soon .... i am going to start them in MG feeds for three months i have to make a trip to the hydro store for some FF nutes and mayb some soil... well enough talk here r the pics..... oh yeah i forgot to tell yall that i experimented with the germenations of the two and well u can see the difference... the first one was done useing a zip lock bag and damp paper towel.. the second one was done with a 1.5''x1.5'' tuberware bowl and two damp paper towels one cool and the other was warm... i like the ziplock bag trick myself let me know what yall think

my pics 006.jpg

my pics 007.jpg

my pics 008.jpg

what kind of seeds u got there?

Hey rami they r a very good bag seed i got a few weeks back.. it is a local smoke it was grown around here by a friend so i hope it is better so i can laugh at him but thanks for the interest i hope it is a neat experiment .....

hope everyone enjoys the pics

aight..good luck man

So far so good stoner 420. Now let's turn them babies into young ladies. ;) Here is some GREEN MOJO for ya. Good luck on the grow.

thanks guys will be planting them tonight more pics when i do.... hey one question my box is getting up to 89 degrees F and humidity of 53 is this bad... this happened this morning when the box came on but i did not have the fans on will this b ok .... what tem p is a danger zone and what is good for more female ratio... what is a good humidity and what is danger zone thanks for the mojo and confidence... will post pic later ........................

STONER 420

stoner 420 said:
thanks guys will be planting them tonight more pics when i do.... hey one question my box is getting up to 89 degrees F and humidity of 53 is this bad... this happened this morning when the box came on but i did not have the fans on will this b ok .... what tem p is a danger zone and what is good for more female ratio... what is a good humidity and what is danger zone thanks for the mojo and confidence... will post pic later ........................

STONER 420
I would try and get it down to around 85% or so stoner 420.

ok i have planted the sprouts and i have had the box on alnight and the temp wheni got up this morniningis 82 degrees and 33 percent humidityi think this is ideal after twicking the box some more i have it figured out... i have two 26 watt cfls running all the time and the two 13 and the 100 wat sunlight bulb i have on a timer 12\12 so that way the box does not exceed 84 degrees i think this will b fine until i knock it down to one plant.. then i will leave all lights together but for now it isworking great..... hope to get pics on soon....

ok here r some quick pics of what has happened in 2 or 3 days we have come a long way already i planted them yesterday and they r already standing strong above the soil here the pics r i will talk some more later about the ladies but i thought i would give yall something to look at for the mean time and ask questions and what not... so here they r......

my pics 010.jpg

my pics 011.jpg

my pics 012.jpg

my pics 013.jpg

ok the sprouts i planted them yesterday and they are already about 1\4 of an inch tall i am very happy with the quick growth also i know i am not suposed to have two in the same container but i am only growing one so the other i will pull up the worst of the two ......... i was not expecting both to do this well but hey that is a good sign...... well i have the lights on a wierd schedule so it don't get too hot in the little box... i have put the big 26 watt bulbs( 2 of them) on a 12\12 timer i have 2 13 watts and 1 100 watt sunlight bulb on all the time... i have the sunlight bulb about 2 inchs ontop of them..... the temps r staying in the 80s range and the humidity is staying about 30 to 40 percent at all times.... wth all the lights on it was getting up towards 90 after about 15 hours of being on so i cut some back and the max was 86 Fand 53% so i think it is better ......... let me know what yall think of the stoner grow and i am always up for some good advice so let me have it if u got it.......... hope to here from some of you great intelligent ppl on this site.............

Eh stoner 420, I like what i see. Sounds like a good setup, I hope your experiment goes well and you can get that other guy really high of your harvest. I always germinate in a ziplock bag, seem to work every time. Looking good for how young they are. Any temp between 65 and 90 should. It shouldn't hurt them if the temp goes above or below that as long as its not for a long time. Couple questions, Are you planing on training or topping them? What type of timer do you have for your lights? My timers are the regular clock looking mechinal ones, where you put the little green and red things into the dial. Mine came with a few of those things to turn the power on and off. Reason for all this is I was thinking that you could try running your 2 13 watt and 1 100 watt lights for 6hrs on and 6hrs off and 6 on and 6 off. Might help keep the temperature a little lower while also spreading the light out over a longer period of time. Not sure if you understand what I'm saying, let me know what you think. Looking very good tho, I'll be following along for ride.

Dogger

yeah i understand and that is a good idea but the only thing is my timer is a one seting you like 12\12 or 18\6 or 20\4 what ever i want but only one so in this case i just set it on 12\12 and let it alone and the temps r doing great not above 85 with all lights on.... thanks for the advice i will remember this for future grows.... i am planning on topping and traning so they don't get too tall because the box is only 15inches tall so i am growing out instead of up so alot of topping and training will b done... any advice on topping wouldb great

Whats up stoner 420. I see your off to a great start man. Your babies are out of the ground looking nice and healthy. Keep it up and you'll have a nice lady in there full of buds before ya know it. ;)

Hello everyone i have had to leave the little ones for a night so i am very worried about them but i will b back to check on them in a couple of hours... i will update the GJ tonight with fresh pics and a great description of what has happened... TBG hey man i really appreciate u useing my grow as an example for someone ( makes me feel special) lol i am glad that i now know more so that i can help other ppl ....... thanks for the help and the interest on my grow i know it is very small but that is the fun ones right.... hope to see yall later.......

ok so i made it back to the babies and they really suprised me one is like 1 inch tall and the other is a little taller than it was but they both have grown quite a bit... i have one question in the pic u will see what i am talking about but why r the stems red is this the way they r supposed to look the other little ones i had a while back where the same color and they where strong... these r really strong i don't know why they r this color hopefully this is normal ..... can some one help with this... other than this they r growing really well in the little box the lights r doing good and the temp stays below 86 with 38 percent humdity..... advice and interest is always great so let me know what yall think

my pics 017.jpg

my pics 016.jpg

my pics 015.jpg

stoner 420 said:
ok so i made it back to the babies and they really suprised me one is like 1 inch tall and the other is a little taller than it was but they both have grown quite a bit... i have one question in the pic u will see what i am talking about but why r the stems red is this the way they r supposed to look the other little ones i had a while back where the same color and they where strong... these r really strong i don't know why they r this color hopefully this is normal ..... can some one help with this... other than this they r growing really well in the little box the lights r doing good and the temp stays below 86 with 38 percent humdity..... advice and interest is always great so let me know what yall think
Whats up stoner420. Your babies are coming right along and looking great. Alot of times you will get little plants with purple stems but IMHO it's nothing to worry about. Keep up the great work. ;)

The stems are normal. I've had em red, purple and green. ;)
I would on future grows plant only one plant per pot. Its sorta an un-written rule in the grow guides. What can happen is you end up with a male and female in the same pot. You can't yank the male as the roots will intertwined with the female. It can cause root rot and root damage to the female if you do yank the male.
If you don't yank the male you end up with seeded bud.

If you can CAREFULLY tranplant the one now. I'd do it before it gets a bigger root system.

Plants are looking healthy though. :D

Hey guys thanks for the advice and help ....
Mutt i was thinking the same thing but i don't think i will even wait tilll the sex can b determined ... what if i just cut it down at the base even with the soil (like chopping a tree down... ) this way it is not to hurt the roots of the other plant.... i will how ever if i decside to keep them that long i will transplant very soon.............. thanks again for the help..........

Well let me tell u what happened i left for a couple days for work... when i got back the surge protector everything was pluged into had come unplugged so i said screw it i was PISSED second try and both times something has happened so i am fixing problems and re-doing the lights in at different angels... i will be back to restart the stoner grow so b watching for the new and improved box and a better bagseed.........

Latest posts

Back