A Story to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runyoned18

Weedwhacker421
Reaction score
Hey fellow smokers I wanted to let you guys in on a story that I can now say has a finish to it. I moved to New México just about two years ago. We were there about for two weeks just before the first snow fall and I notice a very young deer that just started growing

antlers, I guessed around a year old or so. He was not able to stand up and that is when I noticed a huge, long cut on his right back leg about 10 inches long and had a lot of dried blood on it. As any deer would be he was nervous and tried to stand up but had lots of issues with that back leg. I started off by throwing him corn and apples and then called a vet and purchased some very high protein pellets and started to feed and water him. after some time, he would let me actually touch him and eventually let me help get him walking again. Well, He became almost like my dam dog, and I would go get my chair and sit and smoke a fatty with him under the tree, so I named him (Stoner). The good thing was he would not let anyone else get close to him but me, which is what I wanted to do to make him independent and eventually leave on his own when he was ready. Well, he did leave eventually, and I often wondered how he was doing. Well, it has been roughly a year or more and I was outside yesterday and noticed a group of young bucks on the other side of the street as I was getting in my truck, I happened to notice that one of them crossed the street and was walking towards me. I instantly knew who it was from the scar on his leg. I called to him and to my amazement he walked right up to me, and I let him get just so close because he is a wild buck but as the second video will show he just kept on coming until he let me scratch his head. Anyway, I went in and got him some apples and he stayed with me for about an hour then walked off. I had tears in my eyes at that time but felt that things came to a full circle because this morning he was under my tree where I found him at.

Attachments

• VID_20211109_144103759.mp4
    31.1 MB
  • VID_20211109_144123870.mp4
    7.5 MB
Hey fellow smokers I wanted to let you guys in on a story that I can now say has a finish to it. I moved to New México just about two years ago. We were there about for two weeks just before the first snow fall and I notice a very young deer that just started growing

antlers, I guessed around a year old or so. He was not able to stand up and that is when I noticed a huge, long cut on his right back leg about 10 inches long and had a lot of dried blood on it. As any deer would be he was nervous and tried to stand up but had lots of issues with that back leg. I started off by throwing him corn and apples and then called a vet and purchased some very high protein pellets and started to feed and water him. after some time, he would let me actually touch him and eventually let me help get him walking again. Well, He became almost like my dam dog, and I would go get my chair and sit and smoke a fatty with him under the tree, so I named him (Stoner). The good thing was he would not let anyone else get close to him but me, which is what I wanted to do to make him independent and eventually leave on his own when he was ready. Well, he did leave eventually, and I often wondered how he was doing. Well, it has been roughly a year or more and I was outside yesterday and noticed a group of young bucks on the other side of the street as I was getting in my truck, I happened to notice that one of them crossed the street and was walking towards me. I instantly knew who it was from the scar on his leg. I called to him and to my amazement he walked right up to me, and I let him get just so close because he is a wild buck but as the second video will show he just kept on coming until he let me scratch his head. Anyway, I went in and got him some apples and he stayed with me for about an hour then walked off. I had tears in my eyes at that time but felt that things came to a full circle because this morning he was under my tree where I found him at.
Very cool

Outstanding .
In plain and simple words it is a privilege to have a relationship with another being that's not human.
With our dogs it's not so much they understand words but we both understand feelings. I have had a dog and have a sun conure for 13 years. It is such my pleasure to kiss my Mia every morning and she lets me know if I don't ,

such a carnivore you are .....
giphy.gif

Well, I'm 60 years young and have hunted all my life. I have an elk hunt in November that I can hardly wait for up in the mountains. But I do find more enjoyment with just him wanting to hang out with me and follow me wherever I go just like a dog. And yet he is still wild, my neighbor knows the whole story and when he went to walk up and check him out Stoner got up and his ears instantly went straight back and started to get very nervous. I told my neighbor not to get any closer because he was starting to act aggressive. So, he won't let another person get near him which is good. Plus, when the rut starts, I will not get close to him because he might look at me as a rival then. But the main thing was that he is healthy and doing good.

Well, I'm 60 years young and have hunted all my life. I have an elk hunt in November that I can hardly wait for up in the mountains. But I do find more enjoyment with just him wanting to hang out with me and follow me wherever I go just like a dog. And yet he is still wild, my neighbor knows the whole story and when he went to walk up and check him out Stoner got up and his ears instantly went straight back and started to get very nervous. I told my neighbor not to get any closer because he was starting to act aggressive. So, he won't let another person get near him which is good. Plus, when the rut starts, I will not get close to him because he might look at me as a rival then. But the main thing was that he is healthy and doing good.
I was kidding about eating him . I am an animal Lover
Mostly sheep

That’s the sweetest story ever💕💕💕💕

I had a pet deer when I was a kid. Believe it or not I would ride him down to the bus stop for school. We lived up in the mountains of California at the time. He wouldn't let my sister even get close to him without pulling her hair with his mouth or kicking at her. She would go running in crying to my mom. Finally my Dad said he was going to take him to the Zoo. Only thing is we had deer meat in the freezer the next day. I'm thinking he didn't make it to the Zoo 😳

Latest posts

Back