A Story to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what visited me on my last year' September's archery elk hunt. Well today is my day off and all the honey dues are done so I think I am going to do a little fly fishing.

Attachments

• VID_20210915_151232504.mp4
    13.7 MB
  • VID_20211114_141402707.mp4
    10.9 MB
funny looking elk.......
Thats a Beer
1665149054284.png

Hey fellow smokers I wanted to let you guys in on a story that I can now say has a finish to it. I moved to New México just about two years ago. We were there about for two weeks just before the first snow fall and I notice a very young deer that just started growing

antlers, I guessed around a year old or so. He was not able to stand up and that is when I noticed a huge, long cut on his right back leg about 10 inches long and had a lot of dried blood on it. As any deer would be he was nervous and tried to stand up but had lots of issues with that back leg. I started off by throwing him corn and apples and then called a vet and purchased some very high protein pellets and started to feed and water him. after some time, he would let me actually touch him and eventually let me help get him walking again. Well, He became almost like my dam dog, and I would go get my chair and sit and smoke a fatty with him under the tree, so I named him (Stoner). The good thing was he would not let anyone else get close to him but me, which is what I wanted to do to make him independent and eventually leave on his own when he was ready. Well, he did leave eventually, and I often wondered how he was doing. Well, it has been roughly a year or more and I was outside yesterday and noticed a group of young bucks on the other side of the street as I was getting in my truck, I happened to notice that one of them crossed the street and was walking towards me. I instantly knew who it was from the scar on his leg. I called to him and to my amazement he walked right up to me, and I let him get just so close because he is a wild buck but as the second video will show he just kept on coming until he let me scratch his head. Anyway, I went in and got him some apples and he stayed with me for about an hour then walked off. I had tears in my eyes at that time but felt that things came to a full circle because this morning he was under my tree where I found him at.
That's awesome man! We wants that apple but most of all he wanted u to spark up that spliff so he could get a nice buzz before leaving.lol

cool story, i come from a family of hunters. after moving from texas to bama i just don't hunt. if i had to put meat in the freezer then i will hunt, but i guess i just lost interest. i haven't hunt or fished in a long time. i guess to many motorcycles and hot rods over the years.

Same here. I haven't hunted in a long time. Haven't fished since my Mom passed in 2016. I just lost interest in hunting after i moved to the Suburbs. Was to busy with riding and my Club activity,,not to mention the business i had for almost 30yrs kept me busy all the time.
I do plan on going fishing this coming spring but i doubt i will go hunting. If i want deer meat i have several friends i can get it from. The killing was something i never enjoyed. I did it for the meat because my grandparents were on a fixed income. I lived with my Grandparents as a young man because i loved the country. They lived in Northeast Texas in Powderly Texas. Thats right outside Paris Texas. My Mom lived in Dallas and i didnt like the city. Moved back to Dallas after i got out of Prison in 1980.

Same here. I haven't hunted in a long time. Haven't fished since my Mom passed in 2016. I just lost interest in hunting after i moved to the Suburbs. Was to busy with riding and my Club activity,,not to mention the business i had for almost 30yrs kept me busy all the time.
I do plan on going fishing this coming spring but i doubt i will go hunting. If i want deer meat i have several friends i can get it from. The killing was something i never enjoyed. I did it for the meat because my grandparents were on a fixed income. I lived with my Grandparents as a young man because i loved the country. They lived in Northeast Texas in Powderly Texas. Thats right outside Paris Texas. My Mom lived in Dallas and i didnt like the city. Moved back to Dallas after i got out of Prison in 1980.
I have a question why are so many ppl moving out of Texas. The only reason I ask the increase in Texas plates have been insane 😬 in Maryland.

I have a question why are so many ppl moving out of Texas. The only reason I ask the increase in Texas plates have been insane 😬 in Maryland.
Construction projects always bring many skilled Texas residents to areas willing to pay. I worked in the Semiconductor industry for years and at every new site, there were many Texas plated vehicles. When the work is done, trust me, they can wait to get out of blue states and back to the sanity of Texas.

Hey fellow smokers I wanted to let you guys in on a story that I can now say has a finish to it. I moved to New México just about two years ago. We were there about for two weeks just before the first snow fall and I notice a very young deer that just started growing

antlers, I guessed around a year old or so. He was not able to stand up and that is when I noticed a huge, long cut on his right back leg about 10 inches long and had a lot of dried blood on it. As any deer would be he was nervous and tried to stand up but had lots of issues with that back leg. I started off by throwing him corn and apples and then called a vet and purchased some very high protein pellets and started to feed and water him. after some time, he would let me actually touch him and eventually let me help get him walking again. Well, He became almost like my dam dog, and I would go get my chair and sit and smoke a fatty with him under the tree, so I named him (Stoner). The good thing was he would not let anyone else get close to him but me, which is what I wanted to do to make him independent and eventually leave on his own when he was ready. Well, he did leave eventually, and I often wondered how he was doing. Well, it has been roughly a year or more and I was outside yesterday and noticed a group of young bucks on the other side of the street as I was getting in my truck, I happened to notice that one of them crossed the street and was walking towards me. I instantly knew who it was from the scar on his leg. I called to him and to my amazement he walked right up to me, and I let him get just so close because he is a wild buck but as the second video will show he just kept on coming until he let me scratch his head. Anyway, I went in and got him some apples and he stayed with me for about an hour then walked off. I had tears in my eyes at that time but felt that things came to a full circle because this morning he was under my tree where I found him at.
❤️

Latest posts

Back