A Story to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m more concerned about the ugly wind farms going up everywhere I look. It’s getting worse.
Wind farms have always fascinated me. I always wanted a working windmill to supply power in someway. Do you just not like the look of them? You have them next to your property perhaps? Just wondering why they are so ugly. I haven’t seen many but the ones I’ve seen were in the middle of nowhere. We have a lot of solar fields in the middle of nowhere.

They are noisy. They build them up on pads so it changes water direction. The blades are huge and when they stop working they dispose of them in huge wind generator grave yards. They are an eyesore. Little red lights in the sky all around us. Light pollution. They kill the birds. They do nothing for energy efficiency. Zero. Much of our scrub brush and trees have disappeared. We have a windmill on our water well and it does a great job of providing water. These monstrosities are not the same.

They are noisy. They build them up on pads so it changes water direction. The blades are huge and when they stop working they dispose of them in huge wind generator grave yards. They are an eyesore. Little red lights in the sky all around us. Light pollution. They kill the birds. They do nothing for energy efficiency. Zero. Much of our scrub brush and trees have disappeared. We have a windmill on our water well and it does a great job of providing water. These monstrosities are not the same.
https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2022/02/28/graveyard-of-the-green-giants/

Wind farms have always fascinated me. I always wanted a working windmill to supply power in someway. Do you just not like the look of them? You have them next to your property perhaps? Just wondering why they are so ugly. I haven’t seen many but the ones I’ve seen were in the middle of nowhere. We have a lot of solar fields in the middle of nowhere.
There is a big difference between traditional windmills on farms and the behemoth wind farms popping up around the world. There is an extinction event happening on our eastern shores right now where wind farm construction is decimating whale populations. Some NJ residents are filing a suit against wind farms as we speak. Dam projects have been scrapped to save salamanders but saving a group of the largest animals on the planet seems to be racist…

I guess I’m not sold yet that wind projects are such a bad idea. I have done some reading on this and Yes I see where they have killed birds but way less often than other birds getting killed in natural ways running into things, drinking polluted water cats… There are actually numbers on how birds die and how many believe it or not… I also believe that the company’s that put them up should be responsible for recycling them when they are at the end of their life. Not just leaving them to sink poison into the earth with no plan. They have companies that do the recycling thing like Global Fiberglass Solutions but they cost money that the wind farmers don’t want to give up and are not being made to. It’s really no different than all the other fiberglass graveyards we have like the miles and miles of old airplanes I’ve seen in fields in the deserts in Arizona, in fact it’s no different than the plastic bottles that are allowed to be pumped out with no cradle to grave ending in site. As far as the ugly look or sound, i haven’t read up on that yet but it seems to bother some. I’m still reading but am not convinced that they are a bad thing yet. I do see tho where we have let big money get away with pumping out products with no cradle to grave waste path not only in windmills. Like I said, the jury is still out for me but I’m still reading…

windmills are a ripoff

there are a few hundred of them 10-20 miles from our place

guess what?

is anyone in our county paying less on their electric bills since these wind turbines went up?

nope…as a matter of fact , the local electric co-op where the county gets their electricity from , raised their rates!

about the only people who are benefiting from these windmills are the landowners who are already multimillionaires and now they dont even have to plant their fields or run any cattle…

why?

cause the windmill people are paying them enough money that all the land owners have to do is sit on their collective arses and collect a paycheck

special trains , special trucks to haul it all in……special construction crews to erect them….$$$$$$$$$$$$

same thing when they are decommissioned , more special trains and trucks to haul them to the landfill

all this costs $$$$$$$$ and i do not think they produce enough electricity to pay for theirselves

windmills are a sorry replacement for some Tesla coils

I’m more concerned about the ugly wind farms going up everywhere I look. It’s getting worse.
I live around Dallas and I hope they don't bring those fking things here. Those fking wind farms are all over Oklahoma. I travel a lot to Oklahoma because its my Territory. They are mostly on hills or small mountains.

I guess I’m not sold yet that wind projects are such a bad idea. I have done some reading on this and Yes I see where they have killed birds but way less often than other birds getting killed in natural ways running into things, drinking polluted water cats… There are actually numbers on how birds die and how many believe it or not… I also believe that the company’s that put them up should be responsible for recycling them when they are at the end of their life. Not just leaving them to sink poison into the earth with no plan. They have companies that do the recycling thing like Global Fiberglass Solutions but they cost money that the wind farmers don’t want to give up and are not being made to. It’s really no different than all the other fiberglass graveyards we have like the miles and miles of old airplanes I’ve seen in fields in the deserts in Arizona, in fact it’s no different than the plastic bottles that are allowed to be pumped out with no cradle to grave ending in site. As far as the ugly look or sound, i haven’t read up on that yet but it seems to bother some. I’m still reading but am not convinced that they are a bad thing yet. I do see tho where we have let big money get away with pumping out products with no cradle to grave waste path not only in windmills. Like I said, the jury is still out for me but I’m still reading…
That's the point. Why keep adding crap like that to our already fked up soil and water. We have enough plastic and fiberglass,,we don't need tons and tons more of the shit.

That's the point. Why keep adding crap like that to our already fked up soil and water. We have enough plastic and fiberglass,,we don't need tons and tons more of the shit.

i did hear that a company is experimenting with grinding up the fiberglass blades and adding them to concrete

i am ok with that , to a certain extent , at least it is better than burying them in dirt

i did hear that a company is experimenting with grinding up the fiberglass blades and adding them to concrete

i am ok with that , to a certain extent , at least it is better than burying them in dirt
Not a bad idea I know they put rubber beads and rubber strings in concrete in eathquake areas. But lets cut the ** wind mills are a waste of money, nuclear power should be the way to go.

Latest posts

Back