A Story to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windmills are a ripoff

there are a few hundred of them 10-20 miles from our place

guess what?

is anyone in our county paying less on their electric bills since these wind turbines went up?

nope…as a matter of fact , the local electric co-op where the county gets their electricity from , raised their rates!

about the only people who are benefiting from these windmills are the landowners who are already multimillionaires and now they dont even have to plant their fields or run any cattle…

why?

cause the windmill people are paying them enough money that all the land owners have to do is sit on their collective arses and collect a paycheck

special trains , special trucks to haul it all in……special construction crews to erect them….$$$$$$$$$$$$

same thing when they are decommissioned , more special trains and trucks to haul them to the landfill

all this costs $$$$$$$$ and i do not think they produce enough electricity to pay for theirselves

windmills are a sorry replacement for some Tesla coils
I don’t remember any promise of the bill going down although our electric co-op in Georgia gave a discount for investing in their solar field when I lived there. The idea I thought was to create more energy for our heavy consumption. I’m sure that the folks making the money on them should also hold responsibility of paying for the safe proper disposal or recycling of them.

Not a bad idea I know they put rubber beads and rubber strings in concrete in eathquake areas. But lets cut the ** wind mills are a waste of money, nuclear power should be the way to go.

i hear ya Amigo , there has got to be a better way to do things!…

i will respectfully disagree with you on the nuclear idea…..just ask the people in Japan

it is my belief that the gubmint stole Tesla’s ideas on how everyone could have free electricity , i cant prove that , same as i believe the gubmint stole patents on howmto make cars get over 100 mpg

but then the big corporations cant get rich can they

I don’t remember any promise of the bill going down although our electric co-op in Georgia gave a discount for investing in their solar field when I lived there. The idea I thought was to create more energy for our heavy consumption. I’m sure that the folks making the money on them should also hold responsibility of paying for the safe proper disposal or recycling of them.

look up the Top 10 windmill companies and how much they have made off selling this snake oil to the,public..

General Electric has made billions off the sale of windmills

Not a bad idea I know they put rubber beads and rubber strings in concrete in eathquake areas. But lets cut the ** wind mills are a waste of money, nuclear power should be the way to go.
They are sitting on Hydrogen power units that can run each home independently from the grid, self sufficient. Technology has been around for a while now and can be done and is being done .
They say it's too dangerous for the average home owner due to stupidity , the dumbing down of America started many yrs ago,
I would love to see where Nikola Tesla's work went when he died and the Gov raided his lab and took everything.

i will respectfully disagree with you on the nuclear idea…..just ask the people in Japan

it is my belief that the gubmint stole Tesla’s ideas on how everyone could have free electricity , i cant prove that , same as i believe the gubmint stole patents on howmto make cars get over 100 mpg

Dam you I was too slow
Great minds think alike

Well Japan clealy had an issue there, why they built a power plant on a fault line is beyond me. The Pacific rim is a ***** for sure.

True but I think that about everything we are already discarding into the earth. Windmill blades are just a small portion of that. Imo no new product should be introduced with no plan of cradle to grave
Wait for solar panels, and how they have to be handled when discarded. Will the EPA require cradle to grave like other hazardous materials? Will every home now be considered a generator site? Just asking is all.

Windmills have been around forever but they weren't gigantic pieces of shit made out of crap that has to be buried. They were made out of wood and metal that could be reused. If everyone had a windmill made of wood and metal that would give them the electricity they needed to run their homes I guess that would be cool, but the problem is wind and storage batteries, which is another problem. Pain in the ass batteries.
Im with Big. Tesla had it figured out and the government killed it.

Windmills have been around forever but they weren't gigantic pieces of shit made out of crap that has to be buried. They were made out of wood and metal that could be reused. If everyone had a windmill made of wood and metal that would give them the electricity they needed to run their homes I guess that would be cool, but the problem is wind and storage batteries, which is another problem. Pain in the ass batteries.
Im with Big. Tesla had it figured out and the government killed it.
If you are zoned for one and it will help to have enough wind to operate it.
I would want one . but I have a Big yard
1676995037420.png

Wait for solar panels, and how they have to be handled when discarded. Will the EPA require cradle to grave like other hazardous materials? Will every home now be considered a generator site? Just asking is all.
Some states have enacted laws, regulations, and policies impacting solar panel waste already. I don’t know about every home being a generator site but I do feel that we are all responsible for our waste and if we are throwing away something that’s bad for the earth or that has no end of life expectancy, we should properly dispose of them where recycling can be done or consider that before we purchase them. We have become addicted to throw away items and our new generation has no idea how we managed without the excessive plastics we depend on every day. I guess I’m a bit of a tree hugger when it comes to littering up our environment with poison when we don’t have to. I use my share of plastic but still don’t usually buy it unless there is no other choice.
I don’t have the answers but can see the problems and $ is the root of evil here I think…

Some states have enacted laws, regulations, and policies impacting solar panel waste already. I don’t know about every home being a generator site but I do feel that we are all responsible for our waste and if we are throwing away something that’s bad for the earth or that has no end of life expectancy, we should properly dispose of them where recycling can be done or consider that before we purchase them. We have become addicted to throw away items and our new generation has no idea how we managed without the excessive plastics we depend on every day. I guess I’m a bit of a tree hugger when it comes to littering up our environment with poison when we don’t have to. I use my share of plastic but still don’t usually buy it unless there is no other choice.
I don’t have the answers but can see the problems and $ is the root of evil here I think…
You're local mechanic doing oil changes is a generator. The company he hires to remove his waste oil if not deposed of properly and no fault to the mechanic is still accountable to cradle to grave. It's not the plastics it's the heavy metals and chemicals that will seep into the soil and contaminate the ground water.

They use so many many tons of resources to make them .I saw a video where they blow up 110 or so in I believe New Mexico to bring them down .

From what I have read, a windmill breaks even on cost of manufacture vs energy production.
The land owner, cost of disposal, and the government officials getting kickbacks, are all being paid in subsidies provided by our tax dollars.
It’s all just a big money grab.

same as i believe the gubmint stole patents on howmto make cars get over 100 mpg
I had a car in 1988(a Mazda 626) that got 40 mpg even with me driving 80 mph on highways(I was young and stupid). Mileage of new cars(even hybrids) has since declined. Kinda counterintuitive being that there has always been a push for using innovation to increase efficiency and that push is now blunt force. Some of the decrease in efficiency is undoubtedly driven by petroleum companies but also by the electric vehicle zealots(of which most in the gubmint are a part). The newer generations of nuke plants are safer though I think there is not enough of a push to develop cold fusion(like Tesla’s ideas -kind of a Holy Grail). I don’t know enough about Tesla’s devices(none of us do) but I would be concerned about the health effects of electricity transmitted thru the air(though I am pretty sure any dangers could be mitigated if there wasn’t so much money in fossil fuels, wind and solar). I am concerned as well about the damage Fukushima is continuing to do to our oceans. That was a big story for a while but is now just a whisper…

look up the Top 10 windmill companies and how much they have made off selling this snake oil to the,public..

General Electric has made billions off the sale of windmills
There is a town near me that has several windmills on the hills around Wachusett Mountain as part of their power grid. I have yet to see them spinning. They must be really efficient to generate electricity without actually rotating…

There is a town near me that has several windmills on the hills around Wachusett Mountain as part of their power grid. I have yet to see them spinning. They must be really efficient to generate electricity without actually rotating…
Would not doubt that the state erected the towers as part of an incentive program.
Once there they receive incentive payments from the Government for going Smart Power Program
even though it is not operation.

Latest posts

Back