A Talk about "Hippies"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPEARCHUCKER said:
I think of hippie males as bums and cowards.
Feminine little pansies who whine and complain. While real men are out putting boot to throat, fist to face earning those crybabies the right to do so.
(not you rose, your a female)

I served my country. Through wartime.
I dont whine, I dont complain. I drive around getting 12mpg, throwing Styrofoam containers out the window, and farting in elevators cause I earned my right by being an a** kickin American to do so.

Wow....:rolleyes:

Lol....Spear you okay my friend? Wrong side of the bed? :)

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I think of hippie males as bums and cowards.
Feminine little pansies who whine and complain. While real men are out putting boot to throat, fist to face earning those crybabies the right to do so.
(not you rose, your a female)

I served my country. Through wartime.
I dont whine, I dont complain. I drive around getting 12mpg, throwing Styrofoam containers out the window, and farting in elevators cause I earned my right by being an a** kickin American to do so.

Thank you for your service Spearchucker! Hope I never get in an elevator with you though.

Rosebud said:
Thank you for your service Spearchucker! Hope I never get in an elevator with you though.

That's hilarious.

And if you think about it, it just made what he said into a metaphor about Americans.
She doesn't want to be in an elevator with him. But he isn't just farting in elevators, he said more stuff than that. Like the planet is the elevator.

Not that she meant it that way.

Hamster Lewis said:
I remember some "free love" back in 1987 that I required a shot of penicillin to get rid of.
:holysheep:

Are you sure it was free:hubba:

Interesting. to me being a Hippie was living a lifestyle, ie, peace, love, sharing, the arts -- the good things about life and a rejection of the life style we were brought up in -- all the lies, cheating, raceism, egotism, bigotry, and materialism. It was also a rejection of violence and a period of tolerance. it was illconcieved from the beginning and bound to fail, but man, we had fun while it lasted.

Peace

But, it was illconcieved, because it wasn't just "The Hippies" It was the hippies amplifying the works of a bunch of musicians, scientists, and high ranking political activists.
Basically, it wasn't conceived. It was a bunch of other things coming together as one thing.

And those people may have been called or considered "hippies", but they called themselves writers, or musicians, or chemists for the most part. They may have aligned with the hippies, but the hippies came from what they put out originally.

And being a hippie wasn't a problem in the past, it's a problem now because it comes attached to SOO many different sterotypes that in a group of people, each person mayhave their own idea.

Hamster Lewis said:
Am at Hippie U taking Hippie 101? :D
:icon_smile:

What does this say?

Something about "Am I taking Hippie 101"
Not taking a class, but I've done a lot of reading and thinking into history on my own. And when we got taught about it in school I thought it was stupid that they didn't teach us anything important about the near revolution in America. So I learned even more on my own after that specifically about the sixties. And some of the ideals have always stayed with me, so I always kept learning more about it. But I always learn more about all history.

Motown works, the short hair, um no. Although I married a guy with short hair when i was at my hippiest, so i guess in true hippy fashion, it is what ever turns you on. ( he was in the airforce, but did he end up with some long long hair. A big ole fro for a white guy. Now he has no hair.....oh so depressing.

Everyone says I have a fro.
Black people say I look like young snoop.

:ciao: Rosebud---funny how long hairs in the day---peter frampton types are bald as a cue ball these days---i was actually born in the sixties---so---i was a baby hippy thru family and friends---guess i was in the disco duck era of the 70's

Hi Orange! do you remember what your first favorite song was? It is ok if it was disco, you won't be hurt.

Rosebud said:
Hi Orange! do you remember what your first favorite song was? It is ok if it was disco, you won't be hurt.

Hi Rose,

The tide is high--Blondie 1980, i was 5, my first fav song and my first crush. guess im not a hippie :cool:

yes, it was called "my ding-a-ling" chuck berry live london sessions---LMAO

i actually swiped that album from my grandparents---still got it today

how bout you?

When I was a wee little lad my first favorite rock song was Soul Kitchen by The Doors.....I was about 5 and played the hell out of that whole album. Still love that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back