A tree grows in brooklyn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiction

Underdog
Reaction score
Pot pushers are sparking reefer madness in a Brooklyn neighborhood, where disapproving denizens are fighting to keep locoweed out of their gardens.

Instead of harvesting summer tomatoes, Dyker Heights residents have been turning up stashes of marijuana in their vegetable patches.
The problem has gotten so bad that cops are beefing up patrols and cracking down on busy 13th Ave.
Trying to get a grip on the uninvited green thumbs, police rounded up 22 teens last Wednesday on charges of disorderly conduct, said state Sen. Marty Golden (R-Brooklyn).
But as far as Vivian Franzitta knows, cops haven't caught the culprits who have been stashing pot in her hedges.
"It's just annoying and unbelievable," Franzitta, 54, told the Daily News. "All I can do is get rid of it."
Some neighbors said they've come across baggies of marijuana planted in their flower beds.
One resident said some of the pot stashers are too lazy to bury their baggies.
"They stash it in my driveway, in plain sight," said the homeowner, who requested anonymity for fear of retribution. "They put their blunts here, their baggies, everything."
Golden said the flood of complaints prompted him to hold a community meeting last week at the Ridgewood Savings Bank on 13th Ave. and 72nd St. that attracted up to 70 angry residents.
"It's an ongoing situation with teenage kids that are drinking and smoking pot and selling drugs," Golden said. "A lot of the kids doing this have grown up around there and they've just been hanging out."
Golden said pot turning up in gardens is only part of the problem plaguing the traditionally quiet, leafy community. He said the troubles have included graffiti and other types of vandalism. "There's going to be an ongoing presence in that community until it's corrected," Golden vowed.

huh! when i was a kid i smoked pot drank beer and did those things look how i turned out ...!!!

Latest posts

Back