A week to go.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
The Federal threat is still looming, and the countdown is close.
Federal authorities stated on Oct 6th that Cali Dispensaries have 45 days until they come in and close shops themselves and take away property from Dispensaty landlords.
The 45 days are up one week from today.

What will happen? Anyones guess.

Over the last month, I have seen a HUGE reduction in dispensaries, as many have shut down completley on thier own. My friends growstore has seen a big drop in sales, as growers are also scared and running for cover. Conversations with others involved in the industry all lead to folks jumping out of the biz. Very interesting to say the least.

Myself, I am not too worried, as I stay below federal radar with plant counts and other sorted affairs. Low Key.....is the Key.

Harborside has me worried. I am scheduled to go in next monday, the first monday after the 45 day "warning". Will they be open? Will I be walking into a trap? Are they hiding in the trees gathering info? We will see.

I'm a gambler, to say the least. Another roll of the dice for me.

Of all the dispensaries in Cali, I would think that Harborside would be the last one they would want to harrass, but then again, they could be the example.
So tough to call, actually impossible.

I think about the model they represent in the Dispensary industry, and they are the one to follow. They are well beyond the 1000ft radius of schools the feds say they are tageting, actually closer to a mile, as they sit right on the water "Hence the name Harborside".

But I also think about "Weed Wars" and thier new show on Discovery Channel which starts Dec1st. Have they gone too far? Is the show going to be thier demise? I was excited about being asked to participate with the show, but I am glad I turned it down. I would be freaking out right now, and I'm not a paranoid person.

Tick Tock

NorCalHal said:
Of all the dispensaries in Cali, I would think that Harborside would be the last one they would want to harrass, but then again, they could be the example.
So tough to call, actually impossible.

Yeah it will be interesting to see just how big a message the feds are trying to send. Be safe bro.....I know you are lawyer-ed up and what not but watch your back anyway.:)

Are the Feds allowing any dispenceries to stay open or do they want all of them shut down? My buddy moved to Cali last year and he said buds are freakin everywhere and anybody with a stubbed toe can get a card. That is prob why the Feds are so pissed. It seems like things in Cali arent all that regulated and things have gotten way out of control with thousands of dispensaries opening. Just a guess but I think the Feds look at it like the people of Cali are just blatantly rubbing this medical marijuana in there face with the tv shows and public display of marijuana everywhere. Just a thought.

Like you said Norcal, Lowkey is the way to go and maybe if Cali as a whole was a little more lowkey the feds would turn a blind eye.

NCH, I too have seen a decline. A buddy of mine in the commercial industry said he thinks the feds want bigger busts. They want to drive the price back up so they can bust guys making big bucks. Looks better for the DEA to bust some guy making 100K+ from growing pot than it does to find some guy growing his 6 plants for personal use.

Just more politics.

I hope you are able to keep us up to date NCH. Keep your head down like a Prairie Dog and pop it back up after this is all over.

This will likely continue to happen until someone takes it to court. And they start battling over States Rights. jmo

pcduck said:
This will likely continue to happen until someone takes it to court. And they start battling over States Rights. jmo

Thats what i was thinking.

.."keep care of your topnotch pilgrim".... ;)

I wonder how much money the government would save if they canceled stupid raids like this and ended their war on marijuana. I bet it costs a ton of money to send out the troops to every dispencery in Cali.

What really sucks is you are paying taxes that they use to prosecute you with.

You are really paying both lawyers the prosecution and defense

Nothing big yet........45 days up today............we will see.

obey all traffic laws NCH---call ahead of time to make sure all is normal---watch your back---MOJO for you bro

Yo Hal, did every dispensary in the whole state get these notices or did the feds pick and chose certain ones that they want to shut down?

Only certain ones recieved notices...and so far, nothing has happened. My guess is they are going to wait till after the holiday??

The Dispensary I deal with in LA is just fine, Dude is driving up today to see me, so all seems well....

Latest posts

Back