Abnormal Findings, help required please..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BR41N-ST3W

Last Living Soul
Reaction score
hello all. This is my first grow going and lately i've noticed a few things that seem a bit odd to me. They don't look serious but they seem like they are the kind of things that if not tended to soon, they could be potentially serious. Here's the details:

PLANT DETAILS
===========
-9.5" tall
-26 Days Old (Started 10.19.2006)
-Strain Unknown
-Grown from Seed
-Germinated in Soil

CARE SCEDULE DETAILS
=================
-Watered Once everyday at 9AM (Medium Amt)
-Light is 2" away from top of Plant
-Using African Orchid Soil (was the only kind of potting soil i could find at the time)
-Using Miracle Grow once every 7 days
-Using One 19w Soft White Compact Fluorescent Bulb (1200 lumen output)
-PH Unknown (don't have a PH meter)
-In Vegetative Stage of Growth
-Temperature kept at ~80 Degrees
-Small Closet Space (16w x 18d x 54h)
-Dual Fan Window Ventilator (currently not in use)
-24 hr Lighting Scedule

Abnormal Finding #1. I've noticed that the sides of the leaves previously out of the grow tip are starting to curl inward. I have been keeping the light at about 2" away from the top of the plant. I fear this may be too close and maybe the reason for this finding. I have adjusted the light to 4" away from the top to prevent any further stress. Is this the cause of this defect? Is there something else that could be contributing to this?

Abnormal Finding #2. I've noticed small bumps appearing around the bottom of the plant where the stem meets the soil. I have felt them and they are rather strong as if they were part of the plant. These started appearing about 2-3 days ago. I did transplant the plant from another pot of soil before it got too big. Is it possible that this is remaining root space? Might i have not planted the sprout far enough down while transplanting? Might these be any other kind of pest/infestation?

Sorry about the long introductory post. I wanted to make sure i supplied enough information for anyone reading. I hope someone can supply their expertise with these matters. Thank you in advance. Any assistance is helpful as this is my first time growing a plant.

Plant2.jpg

Leaf1.jpg

Leaf2.jpg

Stem1.jpg

Watered Once everyday at 9AM (Medium Amt)
..too much, too often..watering should be done as the plants "need" it, not on a set schedule
-PH Unknown (don't have a PH meter)
...ph levels are crucial both for growth AND for us to diagnose..
Dual Fan Window Ventilator (currently not in use)
.."one" reason that your plant is so tall and skinny. Plants "need" fresh air and circulation constantly for optimal growth.

well lets start with the bumps they are rooting bumps if . you should put some more dirt in the pot cut off the leaves at the base and fill her up to the top. thet should handle the bumps. now for the soil that soil you using is made for plants that love acid. try and get some soil mg or jiffy-mix if you go to home depot they should have some over stock of potting soil that thier trying to get off thier floor and out of thier stock. try and but some more cfl's try and get the 42watt or 26watt cfls you may want to look at your local light fixture retailer they should have the cfl's i am talking about plus more.

Thanks guys for the tips and helpful info. Bear with me, for i am a noob grower. I have been reading other grow guides and was starting to think that i was maybe watering it alittle too much. i read that many water depending on the weight of it. i will adjust my watering schedule to this. Also, i will look into a PH meter somewhere down the road. Oh, and the fans are now on. i only have 1 additional question..

I did happen to get some Moisture Control Miracle Grow Soil. Would it be smart to fill my planting pot with this to the point where the additional root growths are coming in? or will this conflict with my current soil?

1. well it might but what you want to do is try it out then if your gril starts to burn then flush. you flush by us 3x amount of water to pot. if your using 1 gallon pots the use 2-3 gallons of water to flush. your plant might droop a little but don't worry it will come back.

2.are you could just take the plant out of the pot since i don't think it has much of a root system yet then take as much dirt off until you get to the root ball. then you put it the mg soil since it has nutes in it all ready it should help any roots that has been broke. make sure you water the new soil before you put the plant in the new soil. i would try the #2 its the best way because of the other soil being for acid loving plants it might be to much for the plant if you use both soil types. plus your plant will grow better in mg soil that what the brother's grunt use's

That's a helpful post Sin. thanx again.. you da man!

Latest posts

Back