About Cannabidiol (cbd)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this informative article! I've also read an article from CBDNerds about different cbd oils, and it really helped me a lot in the buying process.

I've been using CBD Oil for the past few months now for my chronic back pain and some minor anxiety issues. I agree with you that CBD isn't addictive at all. I don't buy it on dispensary though and prefer buying online.

Okay, so we talk of high potency cannabis or just plainly high strains.
For example, the use of " skunk"( delta 9) strain has a very high THC and low cannabidiol level. In another medical herbal marijuana," sinsemilla," CBD was very low.

CBD is studied as an anticonvulsant and as antipsychotic too. The median reported THC content of medical cannabis and resin is between 2.1% to 3.5% (David J.et.al,2005). If we generally talk about resin, the CBD content exceeds.

Over the last 15 years, the THC content of marijuana types has increased from 5% to 10%.

Nonetheless, medical patients must make maximum use of medical marijuana.
Medical marijuana can help :

• Reduces your appetite and unaccounted cravings.
  • Reduces anxiety and boosts wakefulness.
  • Drastically improves lung capacity
  • Gives relief of chronic pain.
  • Fights cancer
  • Regulates sugar by stabilizing blood pressure along.
  • Reduces eye pressure that is felt in patients for glaucoma.

Hi Elana, I love pot and sounds like you enjoy the medical benefits. I do too. I think all pot is medical even if we are just looking to get stoned. Welcome to our site. Glad you are here. I grew some hemp last year for a little boy that cant have thc due to it being illegal in their state.

Hi Elana, I love pot and sounds like you enjoy the medical benefits. I do too. I think all pot is medical even if we are just looking to get stoned. Welcome to our site. Glad you are here. I grew some hemp last year for a little boy that cant have thc due to it being illegal in their state.

Hey Rosebud! Thanks for welcoming me. Oh that is wonderful that you grew it. I need to learn it fast just I lack the "green hands". :) Happy to be here.

This thread is dedicated to CBD, CBD is good for leveling out the THC high, eases rapid heartbeat and ALOT of other things also helping stop cancer growth. I always heard CBD made you sleepy high and THC alert speedy high, this is not correct in fact CBD does make you alert in the correct doses. Also I always heard indicas had more CBD tha sativas, also not true, CBD has been bred out of most strains in the past but now people have realized the benefits and are breeding it back into cannabis. I feel CBD should get alot more attention than it does. Im gonna copy and paste as much info as I can find on CBD here. Also I will be editing constantly to make it more readable
Cannabidiol —CBD— is a compound in Cannabis that has medical effects but does not make people feel “stoned” and actually counters some of the effects of THC. After decades in which only high-THC Cannabis was available, CBD-rich strains are now being grown by and for medical users.​
The reduced psychoactivity of CBD-rich Cannabis may make it an appealing treatment option for patients seeking anti-inflammatory, anti-pain, anti-anxiety and/or anti-spasm effects without disconcerting euphoria or lethargy.​
Scientific and clinical studies indicate that CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders. CBD has demonstrated neuroprotective effects, and its anti-cancer potential is currently being explored at several academic research centers in the U.S. and other countries.​
Conditions Treatable By CBD/THC​
* AIDS​
* Wasting Syndrome​
* Arthritis​
* Asthma​
* Autism​
* Cancer / Tumors​
* Crohn's Disease / IBS​
* Depression / Mental Illness​
* Degenerative Diseases​
* Diabetes​
* Eating Disorders​
* Epilepsy / Seizure Disorders​
* Glaucoma​
* Harm Reduction​
* Intractable Breathlessness​
* Migraine​
* Multiple Sclerosis​
* Nausea​
* Obstetric Problems​
* Pain​
* Phantom Limb Pain​
* PTSD​
* Withdrawal​
LOTS of good infor on projectcbd.org ima try and copy and paste as much as I can here, If anyone has any info/experiance on CBD please post here. Also any known high CBD strains.​
The story to date"​
In the spring of 1998, the British government licensed a company called GW Pharmaceuticals to grow Cannabis and develop a precisely consistent plant extract for use in clinical trials. GW's co-founder Geoffrey Guy, MD, was convinced —and had convinced the Home Office— that by using CBD-rich plants, GW could produce a Cannabis-based medicine with little or no psychoactive effect. That summer Guy described his approach at a meetingof the International Cannabinoid Research Society. In addition to countering the psychoactivity of THC, Guy said, CBD conferred benefits of its own. Queen Victoria had used CBD-rich Cannabis for menstrual cramps. Indeed, animal studies suggest that CBD lessened anxiety and reduced the severity and frequency of seizures.​
It was assumed that generations of breeding for maximum THC had reduced CBD in California cannabis to trace levels. GW had gotten its CBD-rich strains by acquiring the genetic library of HortaPharm, a Dutch seed company run by American ex-pat naturalists, David Watson and Robert Clarke. Tod Mikuriya, MD, founder of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians, expressed hope that "our Burbanks in the hills" would have preserved or could develop CBD-rich strains if and when an analytic test lab began serving the medical Cannabis industry.​
As the years went by, more and more promising studies involving CBD were described at meetings of the ICRS, the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicine, and Patients Out of Time. California doctors kept abreast of the research and O'Shaughnessy's reported on it, but we were merely observers, not participants —until the fall of 2008, when Oakland's Steep Hill Laboratory began testing samples provided by Harborside Health Center.​
Approximately one in 750 samples of Cannabis being grown for medical use is turning out to be CBD-rich. (For data collection purposes, "CBD-rich" has been defined as 4% or more by dry weight.) Doctors and patients now have a unique opportunity to evaluate its effects.​
SOURCE:ProjectCBD

Thanks to Dredank posting this orginally at a privite site
it was useful.

Haven't seen Ozzy in along time and dont care if i ever do.

Last edited:
From what I have read, CBD is more effective when paired with THC. I grew some high CBD strain once. I didn’t have it tested but it didn’t work as well for pain and inflammation as lower CBD strains for me. It could have been a ‘one off’ as I never tried high CBD again but I don’t think it was psychosomatic since I didn’t read about the THC/CBD synergy thing until long after I tried my hand at higher CBD plants.

Anyone ever grow any cbd themselves and smoke it to help quit the thc? Ive bought some online but it was absolutely shit. I like smoking weed, can't help it but I don't want to give it up altogether. Got CDL random DT's soon to be a thing and would like to smoke on without getting fired.

I grew some CBD called shark shock. It wasn't to quit thc though, I kinda just had a seed from an order. I couldn't get high on it no matter how much I smoked.

I grew some CBD called shark shock. It wasn't to quit thc though, I kinda just had a seed from an order. I couldn't get high on it no matter how much I smoked.
Was it CBD Crew Seeds, they grow into high CBD plants that most get other benefits from
But not the cerebral high. More Medical for health plants

I don't think so. It was more like sour hay

Latest posts

Back