About cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just take clones and flip the lighting, no need to wait for roots.
Shows sex in about 2 weeks.

Pete I understand your situation but this is when 2 grow areas come in handy -- It's just hard to run a continously garden with one grow area -- What I would do in your situation is think about outside -- Get U something started -- U can sex them small by tuning the lights to 12/12---I pinch the top grow point out a week or so before sexing -- It encourages limb growth for clones --Get rid of any males or hermies --Flip the lights back to 18/6-- Get U some solo cups or small containers and start rooting cuttings -- After the last freeze take them girls on a ride -- Keep a couple in the house --Put a couple here --a few there ?-- Then U can turn the lights back down and bloom what U kept in the house -- U can clone anything at any time for any reason --

Pete -- I'm tell U how to make a bubble cloner real quick -- It's a container ( Giggy used to use a 3 lb coffee can)-all U need is a cheap aquarium air pump and stone -- The rest U can find -- cut out a piece of Styrofoam that will float on top the water in the container-- Stick a hole thru the Styrofoam-- A cutting goes thru the hole with stem end in the water (tap water will work fine)-- Put the air stone in the water and run it 24/7 -- float Styrofoam holding the cuttings-- Most will root in less than 2 weeks -- U can lift the Styrofoam out on occasion to look at root development -- When U got roots U can transplant into dirt -- They don't even have to be under light to root --

Pete I understand your situation but this is when 2 grow areas come in handy -- It's just hard to run a continously garden with one grow area -- What I would do in your situation is think about outside -- Get U something started -- U can sex them small by tuning the lights to 12/12---I pinch the top grow point out a week or so before sexing -- It encourages limb growth for clones --Get rid of any males or hermies --Flip the lights back to 18/6-- Get U some solo cups or small containers and start rooting cuttings -- After the last freeze take them girls on a ride -- Keep a couple in the house --Put a couple here --a few there ?-- Then U can turn the lights back down and bloom what U kept in the house -- U can clone anything at any time for any reason --
I'm probably going to have to consider that dual grow room possibility. Makes a lot more sense when you put it that way.

All the cloning I've watched, that's the first I've heard of doing it that way. Sounds reasonable and simple enough. Good stuff and I'll let you know what way I take it. Thanks dude.

Take clones and put in a glass of water, then sex. change water after a week

Take clones and put in a glass of water, then sex. change water after a week
... so are you describing not using cloning solutions? Just clip, scrape and put 'em in good water? and... No food, or that tea I get at the grow store made of worm turds and bat scat?

What's this scrape ?---No -- No rooting solution are anything - I just take a cutting and put it in Cloner -- My first cloner was a 25 spot aero cloner-- Once I saw how it worked I started building my own on a larger scale --Add nutes and U growing aero -- I like water pharmering -- No guessing --No watering or feeding -- Set it up and check the pH once a week or so and adjust -- I was running a whole 2 month bloom cycle without changing out my nute water --Just topping off with RO water -- I'm change to once a month !-Maybe some drip and drain tables ?
My current system pretty much runs itself -- I don't really grow weed -- I kinda stay out the way and let it grow itself !

... so are you describing not using cloning solutions? Just clip, scrape and put 'em in good water? and... No food, or that tea I get at the grow store made of worm turds and bat scat?
Just to sex them, you don't need that. If you want roots or to keep it, then yes you want nutes and/or cloning solution.

That thing about keeping a male around ?-- He just for breeding -- Sometimes U got to hang on to a male until U have his intended the right size and age to breed - I wanted some stuff born and bred in Texas -- Wasn't none so I bred my own -- I like growing stuff I bred !--

I said tap water to root in but that's not what I Do--- I take a cutting and put it in an aero basket and collar and stick it in an empty grow hole in veg ---forget about it !- I clone in nute water --Same thing I grow in -- No cloning solution

What's this scrape ?---No -- No rooting solution are anything - I just take a cutting and put it in Cloner -- My first cloner was a 25 spot aero cloner-- Once I saw how it worked I started building my own on a larger scale --Add nutes and U growing aero -- I like water pharmering -- No guessing --No watering or feeding -- Set it up and check the pH once a week or so and adjust -- I was running a whole 2 month bloom cycle without changing out my nute water --Just topping off with RO water -- I'm change to once a month !-Maybe some drip and drain tables ?
My current system pretty much runs itself -- I don't really grow weed -- I kinda stay out the way and let it grow itself !

You guys do a lot of work to get your results and it don't come easy I know. So just up front, thanks for sharing your hard earned brain work and successful results. I appreciate it all and keep the suggestions as references.

Definitely interested in water.

I said tap water to root in but that's not what I Do--- I take a cutting and put it in an aero basket and collar and stick it in an empty grow hole in veg ---forget about it !- I clone in nute water --Same thing I grow in -- No cloning solution

I'm getting ready to run an RO system for my house. That should power down my water issues.

Just to sex them, you don't need that. If you want roots or to keep it, then yes you want nutes and/or cloning solution.

So making sure I'm clear....

Just to sex them, it can be a couple weeks but they won't probably root much during that time and they stay healthy just plugged into water that long. And then if they're females, I can just start to root them at that point?

So making sure I'm clear....

Just to sex them, it can be a couple weeks but they won't probably root much during that time and they stay healthy just plugged into water that long. And then if they're females, I can just start to root them at that point?
Yes, or take fresh cuts and root them, because now you know their sex. Or mark it on the label and continue to veg and take cuts at another time.

I have been known to do it almost opposite of that Umbra --
I move a plant to bloom to sex it -- When I've got a girl I take some cuts and move them back to veg -- It's a new girl and I don't know what I got so sometimes I just let the original seed plant stay in bloom and finish up while the cuts are rooting -- So I get a taste ---If I like it I can come back with all the cuts I want --
Pete -- Umbra said something important -- If U got more than one variety-- U got to keep everything labeled !-- I cut label squares out of milk jugs and write the variety on it and it stays with the plant til harvest !

I have been known to do it almost opposite of that Umbra --
I move a plant to bloom to sex it -- When I've got a girl I take some cuts and move them back to veg -- It's a new girl and I don't know what I got so sometimes I just let the original seed plant stay in bloom and finish up while the cuts are rooting -- So I get a taste ---If I like it I can come back with all the cuts I want --
Pete -- Umbra said something important -- If U got more than one variety-- U got to keep everything labeled !-- I cut label squares out of milk jugs and write the variety on it and it stays with the plant til harvest !
Yes, label. yes....

Latest posts

Back