? about males

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
When collecting pollen from males is it best to put them under a 12/12 light schedule or will they flower under 24/0? I only need a couple pollen sacks so I can pollinate just a few lower buds on my female.

12/12 unless auto flower

take care and be safe

I noticed that once they start to drop they just keep dropping. Never re-vegged a male...but have removed them from 12/12 and put over in veg to see what happens it just kept on dropping.

4u2sm0ke said:
12/12 unless auto flower

take care and be safe

:yeahthat: plus good luck pollinating "just a few lower buds"

ime thats not as easy as it sounds, worst case scenario you'll wind up with alot of seeds, but thats not always a bad thing

I am with mutt.....I put them under a single small cfl 24-0 light schedule and they drop pollen regardless....I have done it a half a dozen times this way and it has always worked...

Hamster Lewis said:
I am with mutt.....I put them under a single small cfl 24-0 light schedule and they drop pollen regardless....I have done it a half a dozen times this way and it has always worked...

I've had Durban poison males, and K2 drop under 24/0 after pre-flower maturity they just kept on going and neither one was autoflower genetics, the females proved it. Next time i do a seed run I'm gonna try to re-veg a male to see what happens.

It is such a nice looking plant I cant bring myself to kill it. Ive been leaving it out under the windows where he has been getting some killer sun so I will prob continue this for a while and see what happens. All I need is couple sacs.

FYI pollen can getnon your clothes and you can unknowingly track it back into your grow area so be careful...unless you don't care about unplanned pregnancies....:D

Oh I know Hamster. Its a risk you gotta take sometimes. I wish I had the space to have a breeding room but that just isnt happening any time soon.

maineharvest said:
Oh I know Hamster. Its a risk you gotta take sometimes. I wish I had the space to have a breeding room but that just isnt happening any time soon.

Oh I know....I used to use the wife's bathroom downstairs for my spewing males....but she got tired of sharing the bathroom with them so now I don't collect pollen....:)

Looks like we all have some good women here. My girlfriend hasnt had a closet or has had to share it with me for years now and there is always random plants under random windows all over the place and she never complains. She understands how much I love to grow. When I first met her I didnt even smoke but Ive always grown so I would have tons of extra bud laying around and she took full advantage of that. I realed her in with Nirvanas AK48, one hit **** for real.

my wifes never ending appetite for good smoke allows me to do what i need to do, she likes to get high, so i get to play in the garden.

i took over the spare bedroom and half a walk in closet.

I had my 4' 4' tent in the corner of the bedroom for a while. You dont realize how huge that tent is until it takes up a quarter of your room and add a queen size bed and two dressers and it only leaves a little path to walk through the room. Im so glad the tent is out of the bedroom now.

Latest posts

Back