about nitrogen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie

Reaction score
i have several plants w/varying genetics.we have had several days of rain and they all started to bloom today.my bro said stop nitrogen.i read only slightly reduce..for 2-3 weeks which is correct???? also i have read several times to stop nutes 7-10 or 10-14 days before harvest to cleanse plants. again he disagrees and said he read on this site to feed until chop.?????? which is correct?best book on growing??THANKS!!last query-the pineapple chunks were supposed to finish mid september because of strong indica gens. according to single seed info. as i said, just starting to flower today,will be done mid- oct. why??

I keep veg nutes goin till I see pistils, then on to the flower nutes.
-Also gets a good flush before flower.

About the pre-harvest flush, I do this the last 2 days if at all.
-Lot dont do it at all, and see no difference.

rookie said:
i have several plants w/varying genetics.we have had several days of rain and they all started to bloom today.my bro said stop nitrogen.i read only slightly reduce..for 2-3 weeks which is correct???? also i have read several times to stop nutes 7-10 or 10-14 days before harvest to cleanse plants. again he disagrees and said he read on this site to feed until chop.?????? which is correct?best book on growing??THANKS!!last query-the pineapple chunks were supposed to finish mid september because of strong indica gens. according to single seed info. as i said, just starting to flower today,will be done mid- oct. why??

Indoors, I like to feed N for a week or two 'after' 12/12 in set to provide for the stretch induced by flowering. Outdoors, in the ground, is a slightly different animal. "I" will feed veg nutes untill I 'see' bud formation starting, the pistls stacking up in the stem to form buds.
An end flush is personal preference. Some do, some don't.

Well Dane.. your in the right place. To answer your last question according to Barneys farm, pineapple chunk is an indica dominant hybrid cross Pineapple/cheese. flowering takes between 55 and 60 days Which is basically 2 months.. like most indica doms.. 6o days is a good rule to start checking triches so today or yesterday you saw pistills so I would say since it is mid August now.. your looking at mid October right? or is my math wrong.. I advised you about this site because I beleive most ppl here are fairly experienced growers who post some awsome bud pics.. Just because you read an artical or 2 in High times I wouldnt go with just 1 growers advice.. here you get advice from several sets of ppl.. I am not that experiienced but I come here everyday.. I read.. check out photos.. see what problems people might be having with their current grows.. Its a great place to seek growing advice and see what works for other people.. Most ppl here are glad to help someone like me or you.. I have got my feelings hurt a time or 2 but oo well.. life goes on.. I am here because I am not all there.. more ppl will chime in regarding stopping the n in flowering and flushing before the chop.. Later gator.. Hero

Latest posts

Back