about water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
ROs will not necessarily take your water to 0--it depends on how bad it was to start with. It will remove most contaminates.

This is true but it should be lower than what Parcero is getting, there should be no need for distillation.

I still dont understand the readings, how do they compare to EC or PPM?

Do you have a link to that meter?

I lack water pressure aswell to make mine work properly, too bad.

Heres a link, its adwa ad31

.hydroponics.eu/phecumidity-c-monitoring-c-27/ec-meters-and-monitoring-s-66/adwa-ad31-ectds-c-waterproof--5134.html

I tried to give readings as µs/cm, do they make any sense?

:)

I tried to give readings as µs/cm, do they make any sense?

Most growers use EC or ppm. Actually you are the only grower I have seen express it as us/cm.

Ok then.

My Electrical Conductivity meter displays the reading, the Electrical Conductivity of the water, the EC, as µs/cm.

Would people prefer that instead I express it as for example, EC 300µs/cm to EC 0.3 ?

Or did I got it wrong again?
If this is correct and more common, I can do that.

EC 300µs/cm to EC 0.3

If that is the correct equation,then most people will know what you are talking about. EC/ppm is the most common way of expressing the ec.

The Hemp Goddess said:
The only real way to get pure water is with distillation.

I totally agree about distilled water. In my 3 grows I have always used distilled water in my aero-hydro grow set-up. I purchased a distiller for my 3rd grow cuz a gallon of distilled water would run me about $1.00/gallon and I'd go thru about 15 gallons or more per week.... the distiller pays for itself in one grow, I get a ppm of 4, and ph is between 4.5-5ph...

faderharley said:
I totally agree about distilled water. In my 3 grows I have always used distilled water in my aero-hydro grow set-up. I purchased a distiller for my 3rd grow cuz a gallon of distilled water would run me about $1.00/gallon and I'd go thru about 15 gallons or more per week.... the distiller pays for itself in one grow, I get a ppm of 4, and ph is between 4.5-5ph...

I would be interested in that, got any info on it?

My small countertop RO is fine but it wastes alot of water.
Im on a well, as well and am concerned that my well is running low.

faderharley said:

Sound good. If any info of it, please.

the distiller pays for itself in one grow

I bought a distiller at an auction. Once I got home I looked up some of the replacement glass on line:eek: The glass ran from $300 to $800 to replace them. And takes a real long time to accumulate enough water to use for a grow.

Growdude can you direct your waste water back to the well?

I googled distillers on line, thats how I found/bought mine from American Distillers, have to admit tho, it takes alittle bit of time to get a gallon of water from my set-up, so I make 3-4 gallons of distilled water each day to stock up to 10 gallons...... I grow aero-hydro, and I dump my rez. every 7-10 days and replenish w/clean distilled water, at that time I rinse my roots for 48 hours b4 I add a new batch of fertilizer, micro nutrients and Calmag+ :hubba:

my plants seem to thrive after the rinse and it has work well on my grows

Latest posts

Back