ac infinity carbon filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi yall. I use a 6" carbon filter for my 3x3 tent when flowering and in late veg. I have 2 flower seasons on it thus far. I did reverse the ends as shown in the manual for a loner lifespan, but how long can I get away with this brand of filters? The strain I am growing right now is the slinkiest I have ever grown so I have a major concern. I have read 24 months....but for $79.00 I can get a replacement, but I also don't want to just throw $ away too soon. Also, I only run it on a max of 4 out of ten on the setting.
Thanks!

Hi yall. I use a 6" carbon filter for my 3x3 tent when flowering and in late veg. I have 2 flower seasons on it thus far. I did reverse the ends as shown in the manual for a loner lifespan, but how long can I get away with this brand of filters? The strain I am growing right now is the slinkiest I have ever grown so I have a major concern. I have read 24 months....but for $79.00 I can get a replacement, but I also don't want to just throw $ away too soon. Also, I only run it on a max of 4 out of ten on the setting.
Thanks!
Are you changing out the exterior carbon filter sleeves and re-washing them?

If, like some people, you mounted it on the outside of your tent that won’t help because you would have pushed the stink to the inside of the filter making the outside washable filter worthless.

I was having an odor problem probably 5 years ago. I bought a new filter. Same problem. Turns out my hose(which was that aluminum foil type hose) had a ton of tiny pinholes in it. I only noticed that when I pulled the hose off and looked thru it and saw light thru the pinholes. It was only probably a few years old. Cheap Chinese stuff only lasts so long so you can buy more.

Thanks!
Change it out when you start smelling it. You can have your backup ready or buy one at that time.

Mine are up at all times, at least the "inside the tent" ones. Too much trouble installing and uninstalling. I also loath working in a tent. I dream of a room. And I just may slap myself and do it.

Bubba

Are you changing out the exterior carbon filter sleeves and re-washing them?

If, like some people, you mounted it on the outside of your tent that won’t help because you would have pushed the stink to the inside of the filter making the outside washable filter worthless.
I do clean the outside/inside lining depending on how I have it running.

Mine are up at all times, at least the "inside the tent" ones. Too much trouble installing and uninstalling. I also loath working in a tent. I dream of a room. And I just may slap myself and do it.

Bubba
me as well but today I tore down my grow...I thought I built paradise but it became work

me as well but today I tore down my grow...I thought I built paradise but it became work
I'm coming over tomorrow and we are turning your kitchen into a grow room, LOL.
Maybe not tomorrow but soon. @Lesso better be there too. Should be a shit time of a show. I might even takes notes and add it to my "book". If the walls could talk.

Yes, same outside filter fabric, you just place it where you need it.
The problem with that, if I may, is the loss of surface area. Pulling air through allows you greater overall throughput. In addition since you are using such a small inlet pre filter you would have to clean it constantly to make the actual charcoal filter last as long as the pre filter would degrade quickly. Which is why I mounted mine inside but can still take my light to the top of the tent by “draping” the exhaust hose down and back up instead.

Based on this thread I may buy 5 pounds of activated charcoal to rejuvenate my filter every two grows. Then, since I have an outside burner on my gas grill, I believe I can take the used activated charcoal and remove the impurities then have it ready to put back in.

I just changed mine yesterday. My old one was over 3 years old and if you stood right by the exhaust vent you could smell it. I probably should have changed it last year.

Bubba
I am with you Bubba.....I run it all the time. To much trouble to hook it up and unhook it. I also have a scrubber in the basement. So, I have $300 worth of filters going.

I like Can Lite filters the best. Unfortunately the grow store was out (as usual) so I settled for and Active Air this time. However when the tent is loaded with late stage plants there is always some smell if you stand right by the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back