Acid, Alkaline, too much or to little!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcr6bk

Reaction score
If my soil is to acidic how do i fix that, what could i put in the soil to fix? If my soil is a high alkaline how do i fix that, what could i put in the soil to fix? One of my plants has burn looking spots on it what could this be from (nutri. burn, etc.,)?

Now lets try this if it works the first two pics is from some GA weed its the one w/ the soil to acidic (plant about 16 inches). The next two pics are from my mids, this one looks alright except for the spots starting to appear (plant about 10 inches). The two after that are some more mids but they dont look to good, they have a whole bunch of spots (plant about 8 inches). Right now there all about 7 weeks of flowering. yes i am training them. Can you all tell what them spots are from if u need better pics let me kno?

Feb17$26.jpg

Feb17$27.jpg

Feb17$28.jpg

Feb17$29.jpg

Feb17$30.jpg

Feb17$31.jpg

gcr6bk said:
Now lets try this if it works the first two pics is from some GA weed its the one w/ the soil to acidic (plant about 16 inches). The next two pics are from my mids, this one looks alright except for the spots starting to appear (plant about 10 inches). The two after that are some more mids but they dont look to good, they have a whole bunch of spots (plant about 8 inches). Right now there all about 7 weeks of flowering. yes i am training them. Can you all tell what them spots are from if u need better pics let me kno?

-None of the pics show a plant that is "7 weeks (into) flowering".

-The best way to avoid soil that is too acid or too alkaline is to start with quality potting soil.
The best potting soils (Fox Farms, Black Gold) are already perfectly balanced.

-The spots are prob. caused by fertilizer burn.

Dolomitic Limestone will raise ph, and Gypsum will lower ph.

D. lime is a "buffer", neutrelizer. It will balance the ph at 7.(e.g. soil with 7.0+ , lime will lower it, 7.0 and below, it will raise it) I've not heard of gypsum used as a ph adjustment. Isn't vermiculite baked gypsum?

i didnt mean flowering! i meant veg.

Hick said:
D. lime is a "buffer", neutrelizer. It will balance the ph at 7.(e.g. soil with 7.0+ , lime will lower it, 7.0 and below, it will raise it) I've not heard of gypsum used as a ph adjustment. Isn't vermiculite baked gypsum?

I got that out of my grow book.....Have not had experience using either honestly.

I add 2 tsp of lime p/gallon of medium in all my mix's. It provides magnesium.

Amigo, if the plants in the pix are 7 weeks old, something is seriously wrong.

If the soil your plants are in pre-fertilized potting soil, flush and then transplant to a bigger container and use top-of-the-line potting soil with NO added fertilizers/nutrients.
At the same time, get some quality nutrients such as Fox Farms or Pure Blend Pro, and after a week--10 days apply 25% full-strength.

Also, use water that comes out of one of those vending machines you usually find outside of markets, the kind that says "spring" water.

is something wrong if im using compact flours. My soil did not have any pre-added fertilizer. Ive been tryin to get some foxfarm products for a while, any kind yall think i should get?

Latest posts

Back