Adding lime to an existing grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I have some plants about 4 weeks into flowering and I am starting to have soil pH problems again. I measured the runoff and it was low 5.x pH. No problems with the plants yet but with runoff that low, trouble is on the way.

I added a 1/2 teaspoon of Espoma Lime to each container and worked it into the soil a little.

Then, I realized that 1/2 tsp was not enough and it should have been more like 1/2 tbsp for a 3 quart pot.

All the pots have about an inch or 2 from the top with no dirt. I am thinking about mixing up some Happy Frog and some lime and topping the last couple inches of each pot.

I had a bad experience once with lime and I am pretty cautious, now. LOL

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

First off i dont know why you would measure run off and make an adjustment because of it? I have never checked it, if i know the ph of what is going in then im done. But thats jmo.
As for the lime i use dolomite lime pellets and i add a large handful to approx every 1.5 gallons of soil. Not sure if your lime is the same.

What Dman suggests. If you want to measure, 2tbl/gallon of mix is good.

Wet

Latest posts

Back