Adding Terpenes Back Into Decarb'd Pot For Edibles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I got cut off when I was writing my previous post.
Sorry.....
So I will try and finish my previous post.
About 8 years ago when I started researching Terps.
I found EVERY terp company were selling (what I call) fake terps. Not from cannabis.
I don't care what anyone says.
Or what the results are from some test (which are probably performed by a terp company).
There has got to be some compound or something missing from these fake terps to make it taste fake to me.
About 2 months ago I finally found a company that sells cannabis terps. Wholesale only.
So I summited a app.
And finally yesterday I got a response.
The minimum amount one can purchase is very large compared to other terp companies.
So I've been weighing the pros and cons.
I'm talking hundreds of dollars to create a strain, due to the amount you have to purchase.
But I will probably purchase their product. Cause I have got to know if it will still taste fake to me.
And plus I can probably off it to someone I know.
Sorry off the top of my head I can't remember the name of that company.
And that's not due to me being high as f@#k.
It's just old age sitting in, I think. LOL.
Anyway this has been my experience with terps.
It's just so damn popular and it's a big money maker.
So I've got to experiment some.
Just to see if I can acquire a taste for them. Cause I'm not going to make and sell something I don't like.
LATER...

Chad, to tell you the truth I really didn't pay attention.
Once they told me what they were doing. I was just blown away I couldn't believe what they were telling me.
But I will find out.
Oh and thank you for the read.
I will definitely study their workings.
LATER...

I'm certainly curious. I've added flavored isolate on top of the buds, like a topper, but have not experienced "juiced" flower.

I know an internationally known grower was talking about a bacteria that isn't harmful to us or the flower that exudes a smell similar to orange terps.... which makes me wonder about the face punching smell of orange skittlez and a few other strains. But I don't think it is something that can be scaled.

I have used them to flavor tincture I have made using COLD everclear 190 extraction method
A few flavors were greatly improved to the taste, others were worse.
The company I deal with sells sample vials (very small) but only 1-3 drops are needed to really flavor it up.

A bunch of Terp Infused weed in Ky from out west.

To me, like Herbwatcher said. Tastes Fake, and no way Im smoking it.

Many here in Ky, are also getting tired of it. Most of it is also just Mid Grade, and people out west trying to terp it up, to sell better.

FWIW here is my input as a chemist (I design cosmetics). "Terps" are just chemical compounds like everything else. For instance, I have pine bark extract in my lab, it's full of terpenes from pine, which is why it smells pretty strongly. I suppose if I wanted my bud to be pine-flavoured I could add a little. But no, that's adulteration, isn't it, and Dr Feelgood is not my name.
So where are these 'bud' terpenes from? My guess is China. You can buy virtually anything from there. I, for instance, buy pure liquorice extract (glycyrrhizic acid) from them. By post!
So what I suspect is that those companies are just buying terpene compounds from China and mixing them into some sort of cocktail that is supposed to be added to bud. For flavour I assume. Because there is going to be zero effect on potency.

I have only used a drop or two in 2oz tincture bottles and it is so strong
I would not want to smoke the weed if it was infused, my buddy had some out of Orgone and I know it had to be flavor enhanced with Terps , shit smelled so bad , and he called it loud because you could smell it through a closed car door LOL

Linalool is a 'calming' and 'sleep' terp -- and is also a sensitising agent that has to be declared by law in cosmetics, where it is found as a fragrance. But where do you get the idea that Linalool is psychoactive. It isn't. Nor is D-Limonene. Limonene is a powerful solvent. If these were psychoactive, smelling lavender or lemon peels would make you high.

Latest posts

Back