ADHD, show of hands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

So it turns out that self medicating with prescription drugs isn't the way to go, and in a twist of fate, my life has been renewed, all from the best drug I've ever taken, Adderall.

Most here know me as an intellectual a-hole. I usually spit out comments that are contrary to the mp way of life and I would like to apologize for any feelings that were incurred as a result of my impatient or rather rudely opinionated posts.

I'm seeing life with a different set of eyes, and I like it, I was in fact a prisoner of my own great circus inside my head, but it looks like there is a pretty substantial cure, the one drug i never tried because I don't like amphetamines, and it's shaping up to give me new meaning in life.

I denied myself real treatment because I thought my intellect would take over when in fact I needed help. My wife said a prayer and it seemed to come true because someone threw some pretty obvious signs my way and I'm wondering if spirituality is making it's way into my very calculated and scientific world, because right now faith feels attainable.

Anything that can bring some peace and happiness to yourself and your family is certainly worth a try.

:rant: Now we got to get to know the new you. I was just getting use to your ol'self:p Man you got to do what works best for you and keeps you running a steady course.

Good luck with the new drugs hope they work right for you.

i was on adderall for like ten years. since 2nd grade. it definatly allowed me more self control. but overall i dont like it and havent taken it in years. i found i like myself better without it.

no need to apologize to me j. surprising a dr can even find thier own way around these days w/o an intervention! :rolleyes:

who's to say what 'normal' is?

we all have disabilities. some physical. some mental. they all take time to figure out.

addy's are the new meth round here, and very popular among college age kids so they can 1. study all day/night, 2. drink all night. they sell for 10 bucks a pop for a 30mg 'candy'. far more lucrative than selling weed! especially in college towns! fact!

if it helps you, good. for the record, i never seen you as 'overbearing', or 'rude'. were all 'special', it's what makes us unique.:)

get focused brother. nothing better than being in control of your life! peace...

I denied myself real treatment because I thought my intellect would take over when in fact I needed help. My wife said a prayer and it seemed to come true because someone threw some pretty obvious signs my way and I'm wondering if spirituality is making it's way into my very calculated and scientific world, because right now faith feels attainable.
Sounds like you have a wonderful wife, God could and would if he were sought!! I've never heard of adderall, but good luck too you. I wish there was a pill to give me happiness, I'm gonna have to work for it!!
If your security issues go away I'd really like to see some pics of your vertical grow. Again, good luck.

Thanks guys, adderall doesn't give me the same cocaine type rush college kids are using it for, it's actually more sedative in nature. I've had zero desire to smoke since and I haven't, I can't find a reason to.

I'm looking at things differently now, I wonder how I can use this to my advantage??????? The possibilities are endless for me now it seems, I was a real nutcase and didn't realize it.

Whatever works for you is cool by me. Congrats on your progress toward your own self actualization. JMO of course, but if it was all about prayer... why do ya need a pill? Science should get some of the credit. I'm not tossing out the possibility of a creator, just the bit about the micromanagement. And if his "eye is on the sparrow", I wish he'd leave the sparrows be and start eyeballing some war zones or the hungry children or the toronado victims... see - that's why religion is a bad idea here. Ah well. Best of luck with the ADHD. I'm happy you are making meaningful progress.

Lol hey jbonez i knew you were a nutjob.
Lol
only jesting whatever floats your boat mate.
I for one prefer vodka esp after my paranoid horrors last night after a small cheese joint think i am going to knock even the smallest joint on the head from here on in.
T4

Oldhippiechick, the prayer was just a prayer, my wife asked god to help me.

A few days later, a friend asked if I knew where to get adderall, something I would never touch because of the way it makes people act like they are on cocaine. Had I not searched it out for my friend I would never have met the person who I bought it from who had a script for it. That same person has the same symptoms as I do, and recommended I try one, and when I did I opened my eyes for the first time in my life.

I'm not denouncing the very science I've supported, nor am I claiming that god was a long haired man named Jesus. What I am saying is that if there is a god, he does in fact work in mysterious ways.

The pill I take now, which no doubt gave me back my life, is comprised of ingredients made by man who word has it was made by god. I believe in what I can see.

A person who is as scientific as I am once told me that you can't look at science alone, or even spirituality, its when you combine the two that you start finding answers.

If I was god, I think earth is the best place to keep humans from reaching the furthest reaches of where they are contained for a reason…

A human being can't even live long enough to leave our galaxy, if he's out their somewhere, he did a good job at making sure we never se him...

Just saying, I may have to leave this site for good. The truth which is out there, is definitely not here. But there are some good folks who I have come to respect very much, but my life is so much different now and growing pot seems trivial when using it doesn't fix your problems, but a little pill does.

I was up to a quarter a day of the finest herb to grace this planet when I quit, but it never quite fixed my problems...

And to the person who thanked me with the comment "yeah legal meth"

Promptly go &$!@ yourself, being intelligent must not be one of your strong points nor is being polite.

I'm sorry your IQ matches your harvest weight chump, you are the reason my IQ is classified as high,

Go read a book, no really.

Hey jbonez have you actually been medically diagosed with adhd or do you have what you believe to be adhd as there are far too many parameters for a clear self diagnosis.
Im hoping this doesnt turn bad for you as the drug has a mega high % for abuse and just being an intellectual doesnt count you out from being a possible statistic.
Anyway enough of my rants i dont know enough about drugs to really comment just did a quick google on it but either way i hope you find your trueself and happiness dude.
All the best Jbonez.
T4

For some one that keep hollering about their High IQ, WTH you doing taking Prescriptions drugs without the advice of a Doctor that has the training to diagnose the correct dosage for the problem you have. You are sounding like a addict trying to justify the drug addiction.

what happens when you can't get your medication?......... thats one though monkey........ hope you don't drink?

BTW....... I use to do Xanax with beer every night for 4 plus years....... until my supplier went to jail........ so I know little about it. I

ozzydiodude said:
For some one that keep hollering about their High IQ, WTH you doing taking Prescriptions drugs without the advice of a Doctor that has the training to diagnose the correct dosage for the problem you have. You are sounding like a addict trying to justify the drug addiction.

That's a fair assumption, but your post is muddled with confusing statements.

The drugs I've abused are all sedative in nature, the drugs I use make me more calm, manageable. I can't slow down my thought process and the weed and Xanax, and pain killers Attempted to curb that but have only brought me problems.

However adderrall which I've known for years to be abused for it's cocaine like properties was something I consciously chose NOT to abuse.

So your statement is uh "null and void".

Ps, I've always viewed my intelligence as a burden, we are all intelligent, some choose to realize it differently..

That's funny grower13 my only fear under this new light is that some kind catastrophe would prevent me from attaining this medication, which btw works perfectly at half the recommended dose...

If you're certain in your personal diagnosis, seeing a doc and getting the drug of choice legally would be the smart answer...as ozzy seems to be pointing out?

Ps ozzy that's the problem as well, I was a addict trying to justify my addiction, that's why I started growing.

Latest posts

Back