Adictive properties of various drugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbal

Cheeky Green Monster
Reaction score
I saw this and wanted you all to see.

Source: Dr. Jack E. Henningfield, Ph.D. for NIDA. Reported by: Philip J. Hilts, New York Times, Aug. 2, 1994 "Is Nicotine Addictive? It Depends on Whose Criteria You Use."

comparecht.gif

oh geeze... they are saying that withdrawl from ciggarettes is worse than from cocaine?!?!? gotta wonder if the anti-smoking lobby had a funding hand in that "study"...

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
oh geeze... they are saying that withdrawl from ciggarettes is worse than from cocaine?!?!? gotta wonder if the anti-smoking lobby had a funding hand in that "study"...

I don't know that I don't agree---have you smoked and quit?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I don't know that I don't agree---have you smoked and quit?

yes, i have. i also had a serious cocaine problem back in the 70's-80's when it was fashionable to be stupid. i am not saying that stopping either was easy - both are habits which are harder to break than were the physical withdrawls, at least for me. i had more physical problems (taste buds, sleep & dreaming patterns, etc) stopping pot for 2-3 months than i ever did with coke or ciggs. that said - i have zero interest or desire for coke in any form or quantity (or any other illicit chem drug) - but i started smoking ciggs again... heh...

maybe its just me? i mean have you been addicted to coke and kicked it?

i hear you, and have empathy.

but i've seen other anti-smoking lobby "studies" in the past which equated ciggarettes with herion.

but of course, they didn't -really- include coffee (the people who did the study were prolly tea drinkers anyway... heh... ). there are times i might go postal without my coffee. or TV. or internet. the internet is like crack. try going cold turkey and not check email for 2-3 days. shiver...

The way i read that chart is that Marijuana's worse danger is that it makes you intoxicated. Wow, who knew.

I remember the study about heroin and ciggs. I never did heroin but quitting ciggs the first time was pretty terrible.

Latest posts

Back