Advanced nutrients help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskodaboss

Reaction score
does any one use advanced nutrients ? i would like to get a good veg formula, i had a lil prob understanding their chart on the website. any one have some good tips please let me know thanks.

Is there any specific reason that you have chosen AN? I think there are other nutes out there just as good that cost less and have simpler nutrient charts. I personally really like General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow for vegging. This is a stand alone nute. However for flowering I preferred their Flora Series--a 3 part nutrient.

What problems are you having? The chart is simple. They have a nutrient calculator. You put in the number of Weeks your vegging our flowering and the amount of water you are mixing and it will tell you what and how much nutes to add depending on what your are using

I use it and it is advanced itrequires some experience dialing it in. you would probably have better results with GH nutes depending on your growing level. And it's expensive. What line of AN are you running. Grow micro bloom our sensi line

I use the AN Jungle Juice 3part and find it quite easy to use and very simple. I don't have to wait for it to buffer the PH, I don't have to add anything extra other than the cal/mag for growing in coco, and with my water I don't have to adjust the PH much after mixing it. :)

Hushpuppy said:
I use the AN Jungle Juice 3part and find it quite easy to use and very simple. I don't have to wait for it to buffer the PH, I don't have to add anything extra other than the cal/mag for growing in coco, and with my water I don't have to adjust the PH much after mixing it. :)

indeed, im running jungle juice as well. i compared it with gh 3part nutes and it was equally cheap. while yes AN does have some very expensive nute packages. they also have some very basic nute packages that are cheap as well.

AN jungle juice GMB cost me 30$ for the 1liter package. and i so much enjoy the fact that their nutes are ph nuteral. when i was going heavy on the grow, during veg. i got 0 ph change. i've noticed going heavy on the bloom will drop the ph about .1-.2 which is barely significant

edit: i was considering trying GH nutes next time around. but i've done so well with AN jj, that i might just grab the 10liter package.

jungle juice feed chart - hxxp://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/ads/JungleJuice_FeedChart.pdf

Ya there are simple nute packages that's why I asked what he was using. I use the sensi 2 part along with about 12 other additives from AN which can get a little complicated. But you can fine tune everything to suit the plants eds. I always like to tweak things in an attempt to get better results.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Is there any specific reason that you have chosen AN? I think there are other nutes out there just as good that cost less and have simpler nutrient charts. I personally really like General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow for vegging. This is a stand alone nute. However for flowering I preferred their Flora Series--a 3 part nutrient.

from all the vids n pics ive been seening of people using an it always turns out to be some firee dank.

manyBudZ4$ said:
Ya there are simple nute packages that's why I asked what he was using. I use the sensi 2 part along with about 12 other additives from AN which can get a little complicated. But you can fine tune everything to suit the plants eds. I always like to tweak things in an attempt to get better results.

That was my point. Most of the AN nute schedules have like 12 different additives. I cannot imagine screwing around with that many additives every time I water or change nute solution--especially when someone is a beginner. I have seen just as dank a grows from simpler 1 part or 3 part nutrients. Nutrients are a small part of a grow. If you have all dialed in, I doubt that any specific brand of nutrients (formulatedd for mj) is going to make any significance difference in your grow and yield. Over the years I have tried many many different kinds of nutes and many many different kinds of additives with big claims. I have never seen any significance difference when using all these fancy-assed additives than when keeping my nute regime simple. Just my .02.

The Hemp Goddess said:
That was my point. Most of the AN nute schedules have like 12 different additives. I cannot imagine screwing around with that many additives every time I water or change nute solution--especially when someone is a beginner. I have seen just as dank a grows from simpler 1 part or 3 part nutrients. Nutrients are a small part of a grow. If you have all dialed in, I doubt that any specific brand of nutrients (formulatedd for mj) is going to make any significance difference in your grow and yield. Over the years I have tried many many different kinds of nutes and many many different kinds of additives with big claims. I have never seen any significance difference when using all these fancy-assed additives than when keeping my nute regime simple. Just my .02.

thanks alot for the info n it makes sense to me now so i think i will just start of with some gh nutes and call it a day, i was looking at their bundle kit on amazon n its 170 bucks plus shipping

The chart includes products because the products are available - not because you're expected to use them all.

If they don't list every product that might be used together in a feeding chart people that have the things that aren't listed wouldn't know what to do with them.

The only people I've seen suggesting that you're actually expected to use everything AN makes are people using that as an argument against using AN at all - it's a strawman. It's not cricket to take the other person's side, create a fake argument you know how to defeat, then return to your side and attack it.

The chart is simple once you understand that. You just look at the rows for the things you have, and ignore the ones for the things you don't have. Use what you want, ignore the rest. Simple.

Very good point and my thinking as well on all the additives in the schedule. I think you have to start out simple and then try different things to see what works for you and your particular circumstances. The Jungle Juice 3part is pretty simple and I don't have to wait for several hours for it to buffer. And the last couple grows with it have been really good dank grows with rediculous resin production that blew my buddy away when he helped me trim it. I think we ended up with a gram of finger hash from cleaning off the scissors and gloves. :D

I'm pretty sure this was exactly the thinking behind Advanced Nutrients coming up with the Hobbyist, Expert, etc levels for their nutrient bundles.

But of course people either ignore that or they look for ways to condemn it as some kind of marketing ploy.

Some people and I'm not trying to point fingers here, just to be clear, are just determined to have certain opinions whether reality actually supports them or not. Like the people that still go around telling other people that Starbucks doesn't support the troops when that's been debunked for YEARS. Starbucks is big, it's successful, and people want to hate it so they latch onto any excuse to and don't let go. (Starbucks sends tons, literally TONS of free coffee to the troops. The guy who started the rumor that they didn't quickly retracted that statement but of course THAT didn't get passed around half as much as the first letter did.)

It's like juggling. You don't start with 9 flaming chainsaws. You start with three balls. You work your way up to the fancier stuff if and when you're ready.

Latest posts

Back