Advanced Nutrients Liquid Carboload...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I stopped by the Hydro store today.. and was talking to the owner and I went on to say I was fairly happy with my grow.. What I was using for soil. nutes. light. ect but told him I am starting on my 7th week of flower and I was tempted to try the cha ching ( HIGH P value like 50 ) but told him I had spoke to ppl who said they really didnt notice a big difference with that and I explained to him my TOMATOS were nice and all over the plants but I wanted them to get bigger if possible.. Well He sold me this bottle of Advanced Nutrients liquid carboload which has Deoxyribose..15 % Lyxose 15 %. Ribose 20%. Xylulose 20 % Xylose 20% with 10% inactive ingredients. He told me that if I didnt see a differerence in my buds growing bigger that I could bring it back to him in a week and a half and he would refund my money. He did go on to tell me I needed like 1000 watt HPS as well. lol but that this product was guarented.. Has anyone used this? Thanks Hero

He sold you a bottle of what is basically, very expensive molasses.

I get mine for $8/gallon, how much was this?

Wet

The bottle was $22.00 but he basicly guarenteed it and on the bottle the ppl who make it guarentee it as well.. I don't know what is in Molasses but I am going to try it and if I dont see a noticable difference.. I will bring it back.. Hero

Snag a bottle of unsulfured, blackstrap molasses at the grocery store, ~$2.50, and do a smell test.

LOL, I'd suggest a taste test as well, but IDK if I'd want to put that AN stuff in my mouth. There is no mistaking the smell though.

Wet

Do they sell unsulfered. blackstrap molasses at grocery stores? I thought it would be more of a feed store thing and was meant for animal consumption verse's humans.. Anyone had any positive results with this stuff?

I am not talking about Molasses.. Advanced Nutrients products.

You can get unsulphured molasses at the grocery store....and basically that is what that AN product is...only grossly over priced.

hero4u2b said:
Do they sell unsulfered. blackstrap molasses at grocery stores? I thought it would be more of a feed store thing and was meant for animal consumption verse's humans.. Anyone had any positive results with this stuff?

Sure, in the aisle with the syrups and stuff, or the baking aisle.

What I use is 'feed grade', same thing, just doesn't have to be tested as much. It's not like they have different factory's for feed grade vs human consumption. Around here, feed grade is what's used for agricultural purposes.

Very positive results.

Wet

:yeahthat:

It's called "wet" molasses here (as opposed to dry lol, which is also available) and I get it at the feed mill. The stuff at the grocer's tastes better, but is way more pricey LMAO

So does it help as far as increasing bud developent?

I had asked here before about molasses and was told molasses was basically only good with organic grows.. I am starting to think that all this hype about FF ,AN, earth juice ,ect is just a bunch of old hippys out in cali getting rich off of growers and maybe I should just go back to the ole miricle grow. lol I swear when I was vegggin I used this Peters clasic 20-20-20 blue powdery stuff and my plants LOVED it. Hero

hero4u2b said:
The bottle was $22.00 but he basicly guarenteed it and on the bottle the ppl who make it guarentee it as well.. I don't know what is in Molasses but I am going to try it and if I dont see a noticable difference.. I will bring it back.. Hero

I will guarantee that you will have bigger buds in a week and a half if you dont do anything different.

These kind of additives wont be any kind of night and day difference, and unless your doing a side by side comparison you wont be able to tell anything.

I personally would worry more about adding more lumens to your grow, and dialing your feeding schedule with the basic line of nutrients before adding more additives to your feed schedule. More light and the proper ventilation to match, WILL increase yields in healthy, well-fed plants. Up to a point of course...
Carboload may or may not work, but this is your first grow, so you won't really have anything to compare your results to.

Another thing to think about is when is the time to add additives to your solution. Does your mix have 'room' for a higher EC? Adding any additive will boost your ppm's/EC, sometimes that's great, sometimes not. The reason I bring it up is I know you are using FF and adding Cal/Mag. If you are feeding according to the FF schedule online and adding Cal/Mag, even in RO water that has 0 EC, your EC can reach 3.0 or even higher when mixing @ full strength after pH'ing. This is a strong solution and repeated feedings at this strength can burn most strains in soil in my experience, so I would be very cautious about adding anything more to the mix.
Do you have an EC meter? How strong are you feeding now? And what's your water situation? Tap? RO?
Sorry 'bout the tangent...:)

Also, I would scrap that Peters 20-20-20 stuff for growing cannabis. It's pretty common for a plant to look amazing in veg, and then start showing deficiencies and such during flowering.

Congrats on almost completing your first grow bud! :farm:

Thx Doc. I am using tap water but ofcourse it sits for 48 hours prior to using it and always PH the water/water with nutes, before watering. I am using tiger bloom with big bloom with the HEAVY FEEDING recommendations on the bottles as well as using Cal/Mag with these 2. If the plants were smaller I would think about flushing but they are wide and in 7 galllon containers. every single branch is loaded with multiple buds some 5 or 6 just a lil space in between, One of the colas is like 15 inchs and no spaces. the other like 9 inchs.. I think I am going to try this stuff.. I read in a sticky or somewhere that one has to be carefull with Molasses because it can lock up or impede your grow medium so nothing will penatrate ( something along those lines) But this stuff is made for plants. I am going to try it regardless, I am not going with the FF schedule. I started out using the Peters 20 20 20 and used it up to about the 4th week and switched to Big bloom and grow big.Today I am at day 45 so hopefully almost finished.( few weeks) . I am anxious to re-do that closet and start to think about better lighting. higher CFM rated fans ect. I might break for a month or 2, before starting again.. There is one person in which knows I have a few plants. that I wish didnt know and I want him to believe in his mind that I am not growing.. He take a lot of risks and I just want it that NO ONE.. absoultly NO ONE.. knows I am growing cannabis.. Anyways. Thanks for the input.. Doc.. Hero

Hero ... I use the Final Solution of Advanced Hydroponics. Fulvic Acids and Sugars.

The way I see this liquid carbload is that it is designed to work in hydro and that is where its only advantage over molasses lies.
Soil, Coco, use molasses, Hydro, use this kind of product but ONLY once you have your setup perfectly dialled in.
JMO W

Well I tryed a lil.. It has no smell as someone suggested in one of the first threads.. It is thick thou not like molasses but thick.. and clear colored. I am giving it a try. What the heck.. If they die . lol no big loss. It will be a learning experience right. Sometimes instead of wanting to help a new grower around here some ppl are like HA HA u paid $22.00 for molasses that cost me $2.50. Its like what are we back in high school If I am not experienced with a product I keep my mouth shut. or if I dont have anything nice to say.. I keep my mouth shut.. Anyways Thanks everyone. Hero

You won't kill your plants, but I doubt that it is going to really be beneficial. I have used Carboload, but as much as I wanted to see stickier bigger buds, I just did not. I have about a 1/2 bottle that I just haven't taken the time to use since it just didn't seem to make any difference.

Latest posts

Back