Advanced Nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dankems

Reaction score
Hi, i have used advanced in hydroponics before, however i over fed them and as a result nutrient locked them however the yield suffered they turned out. This time i am looking to try it in soil. Does any one have a suggested nute schedule?

Thanks

i am using AN in ff ocean forest soil. I get good results with mine but i do use most of their lineup and i can see a HUGE!! difference between my indoor Advanced nutrient grow and outdoor organic earth juice nutes grow over the summer, but thats kinda apples to oranges. If you give me a list of what An produts you have i can suggest when you should use and how much to use of each

I have a ton of Grow micro bloom i have igniter and alot of 5-52 im in roots organic

the grow micro bloom in veg should be like 10ml,8ml,6ml per gallon with 8ml of b-52 everytime also if your feeding them nutes. equal the gmb as your about to flower them at probally 12ml across all 3 and add the bud igniter the last feeding before turning them to 12/12 feeding at 12ml per gallon. For flowering keep with the bud iginter for another 2 feedings then stop using gmb at 8ml,16ml,24ml per gallon. If you keep your plants small and flower early you may want to drop the flowering mix to 3/4 strength. I dont use the gmb but that is probally close to it

Why would you drop your ppms 25% just because your plants were smaller?

i dunno if his grow is the same but my smaller sized pots seem to have to be watered more often and still being new id rather under nute them a little than burn them, but it was a suggested feeding with a product i havednt used yet i also forgot to add that the b52 should be used throught flowering also after discontinuing the bud igniter

The feeding schedule for soil is going to be overgeneralized at best. "Soil" is such a vague term, horticulturally, that it's impossible to say for certain how much you should feed.

It's much easier in a hydroponic setting because you know the growing media starts at zero nutrition. How much "food" is in your soil? Hard to say without doing some measuring.

In general a quality soil will have enough nutrients in it to get your plants through veg, though some supplements may help things out. If the soil is poor or the veg particularly long you may need to feed a bit later on.

If your soil has time-release fertilizer mixed in (Miracle Grow soil usually does) it can be especially tricky to feed without overfeeding.

I usually recommend feeding at about half strength compared to what you'd use in hydroponics, and alternating between pure water and feeding each time the soil dries out enough it needs more water.

You should definitely measure the run-off for pH and ppm to see how things are. If the ppm is really high or the pH is way off you'll have to adjust the next water/feeding accordingly, or potentially flush right away with additional water to prevent overfeeding if the run-off is dangerously strong.

That's all for containers, of course. If your plants are growing in the ground I would recommend a dry fertilizer like Heavy Harvest or something because liquid ferts tend to get washed away if it rains.

Latest posts

Back