Advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erokusmaximus

Reaction score
:eek: OK so im two weeks into my veg state, and i have 4 lights running 3500 lumens in a box thats 1*1. i have 4 seperate seedlings all the same strain, and 1 is looking great, just starting to grow the first 5 finger leafs and the 2nd is good but not as opened up as the first one, and the 3 one is ok, but kinda growing way slower, and the 4th one has brown tipped leaves with a little yellow behind it...any advice? when should i transplant? my best one is at least 3 1/2" maybe 4" and the smallest one is 2". my friend brought me muriate of potash or some thing and bone meal, will any of these work/not kill or mess up my plants? ill post pics in 1 hour

That growth spread sounds typical of standard seeds as yu will see the males jump out ahead of the females in growth (not always the case but most of the time it is). If they are femenized then it may be a variety of factors causing the differences. What do yu have them growing in? same pot or separate? what size pots? The potash and bonemeal are good soil amendments for yer big pots that yu will transplant into if that is what yu plan to do, but I don't know about adding to yer existing pots without know the answers to above questions

Yer hour is up by the way....just kiddin...

OK heres the pics. can u tell me what u might think i should do with these.

DSC01063.JPG

DSC01064.JPG

DSC01065.JPG

DSC01066.JPG

DSC01067.JPG

Hello Ero :)

Get them out of that dish, they are drowning.

The soil is soaking and the roots are constantly wet, MJ roots need oxygen, which means you need to let the soil dry out to the point of oxygen getting to the root zone,

It is time to pot your plants on, I have a tip for you, once a new sprout leaves the edge of the pot, this means the roots have done the same.

This is when the plant is giving you its first message.

A message to put it into a much bigger home.

Plants give us messages, it is for us to learn their language not for them to learn what we are trying to foce them to do.

Learning to read a plant is more difficult than anything you have ever learnt before.

:peace:

I agree with Hippy. They definitely look like they are ready for new homes and drier conditions.
They also look a little nute burned to me. I thought I saw time release fertilizer in the soil. seedlings don't need to be put into fertilized soil of any kind for a couple weeks as they feed on the little cotylodon leaves on the bottom. They will nute burn real easy until about 4 weeks old. I don't run soil but everyone I've talked to says not to feed first 3 weeks then lightly on the 4th week and slowly build up from there.

Looks like perlite to me.

Guesses are no good, fact is good.

Until the poster decides to give us all we need, we are kept in the dark.

We have to understand we are dealing with a new member who took a giant leap from watching to joining.

Joining is stressful to everyone, the new joiner suddenly sees more than a watcher, so kid gloves are needed, not hard chat from grower to grower.

Coaxing with a smile gets more info than a direct assult asking questions the grower has no idea how to answer. :aok:

:peace:

The leaves look to be burned--are you feeding them? Are they in pre-nuted soil? The largest plant leaves look like you could have spider mites.

Yep, you need to transplant and get them on a good watering sched as they do seem to be soaked! Water them fully, then allow to dry almost dry before adding water in again. Letting dry fairly well allows air into the soil, they need this for good root growth, plus, the lack of water makes them search out water which means the roots are growing out!

Those gals look like they want new homes for sure.

What they said its correct. Also looks like the plants need closer lights. Ur Plants seem to be stretching towards the lights. Try keeping the lights about 2-3" above the plants as u will notice the difference in the growth in a week. Good luck and once in a while tell your plants that u love them. I would like for u to post pics once in a while to c how good ur doing.

what up!? I got some good news and bad news. the bad news is of all the plants i only got one....the good news is she is a beaut. Im pretty sure shes a female (ATLEAST I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THIS LOL) but im on week 8 and just praying i can get this one budding. ok, so no nutes, going old school, just filtered water and some miracle grow topsoil So i made a 1x1x6 Box and rigged 5 26W CFL pushing 1750 lumens each equals 8760. as u can imagine it got quite humid in the container, so i just made the access open and able to circulate with a box fan. (Pictured below.) Works perfect. first 6 weeks been running 24HR lights. and in the last 2 going 12/12. So whats up? whos got some knowledge for me? maybe an applause? who knows.

DSC01068.JPG

DSC01069.JPG

DSC01070.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

DSC01072.JPG

DSC01073.JPG

DSC01074.JPG

:headbang2: :clap: :aok: :cool2: :dancing: :banana:
hows that?.. "she" is looking good ;)

now for the bad news.. you;re going to have to have a sealed dark area(light tight).. and she will probably double in size over the next cpl/few weeks. Does your jug have drainage holes?

get rid of that tin foil, replace it with something pure white. NOT SHINY white. Just pure plain white.

get some more light read for when you want to bud them.

so far so good.

:)

sir. you can bet your *** its got drainage holes lol i got it pretty light tight, i rigged this whole thing to be my own grow "tent" but it just turned into this. and it freaking works, she grows bigger and fuller every day.

can anyone tell me if me 12/12 cycle is too soon? ive been 12/12 for 2 the last 2 weeks and its made this. so its gotta be good right? and i was running 24/7 before from week 2-6 and they were nothing like this

OGKushman said:
get rid of that tin foil, replace it with something pure white. NOT SHINY white. Just pure plain white.

get some more light read for when you want to bud them.

so far so good.

:)

hmmm in the picture I see, it looks like white poster board.. but.. nut.. nut.. a cardboard box??? :eek:...
can anyone tell me if me 12/12 cycle is too soon?
I don't see alternating nodes ot preflowers, but you're there, I say stay there.. (12.12)

like hick dont see any preflower so still keep your eye out for a male

Probably--I do not see any alternating nodes yet. Plants generally get alternating nodes when they are sexually mature and ready to be flowered.

Pretty light tight is not good enough--it needs to be 100% dark for flowering.

I would recommend getting some kind of real ventilation system set up. Your plant needs a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. This means that you need to bring fresh air in and exhaust hot air out. An box fan is just going to move stale hot air around.

I doubt that you are going to be able to finish her out with just Miracle Grow top soil and filtered water--I see the need for nutrients in your future.

Did you get rid of the foil? It is a very poor reflector of light, regardless of how it appears.

Hiya Hemp are you saying I can go ahead and turn off my vent fans when lights are out ?

Hey erok I did my first plant grow in a card board box and it turned out ok just make sure you put it in a very dark area when the lights are off and listen to all the advice from these wise members, Fox Farm nutes worked well for me when I knew nothing about nutes, maybe give them a try and then find what works for you.. I dunno much

Latest posts

Back