aero cloner question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony8404

Reaction score
Hello,

A few months ago I was purchasing equipment for a grow tent.

I have bought almost everything.

At the time I was going to buy one of those botanicare cloner's..

Yet, everything I read on cloners say, the water gets to hot with the pump located in the water. They were saying how there is a certain percentage of success but unsuccessful trumped.

I want to make my own since I have a 5gal bucket, pump, neo foam, net pots, tools.. All I need is the jets, pvc and fittings.

Question is, will a diy be any better than store bought ?

If I go with a diy should I add my fish tank heater to it?

reason I ask I saw a youtube vid where the guy used a fish tank heater and had great success do to the fish tank heater...

Is that true? should I use a fish tank heater or will the pump be enough heat to sooth the clones?

I made a cloner out of a 2 gallon bucket and lid and use a 40 gallon size air pump with a 6 inch air stone to bubble the water......... works the same as the cloner you talking about......... with no heat issues and easy to maintain and use imho.

I'm with Grower 13. Make a bubble cloner and keep it simple. Another problem I found with aero is that the misters clog quite easily. I have tried aero several times, but have never found that it has any advantage over a simple bubble cloner like Grower 13 mentioned.

Latest posts

Back