Aero cloning experts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwanabud

Hiding in a tree
Reaction score
I'm building an aero cloner, is there a formula for how large of pump you use....based on the amount of spray heads ?

I'm planning on using a 360gpm pump....any suggestions on spray head count ?

Thanks in advance :)

depends on how big a tote you are using---coverage is key---spray should gently hit the bottoms of all the cuts

not an expert in anything---jack of all trades master of none---check this out---about $25---sprayers plug into the irrigation tubing---this thing works pretty well---but i have to rotate the lid daily---the corners will dry out cause they don't get misted

aero cloner 004.jpg

aero cloner 011.jpg

aerocloner 001.jpg

aerocloner 002.jpg

Looks good :)

I wonder if there is a chart for gpm, versus head dispersal rate ? I want the correct spray pressure.

i just used the smallest submersible pump and plugged in the sprayers based on the coverage i hoped for---gpm is going to vary based on the size of the tube the water is pushing and # of sprayers it is feeding---a bit o trial and error---more sprayers equal less pressure

Pumps are typically rated by the vertical climb the water must make. If your pumping water up say 10 feet, through a 1/2 hose, you need a fairly powerful pump, or, in your case, if you planning to pressurize with misters you also need a chunky pump to properly mist roots.

I believe my EZ-Clone 60 site uses a 450 gph pump, and the 120 site uses a 700gph pump. I would recommend at least a 350gph with the tote size you mentioned but if you can afford a more powerful unit it should only benefit.

jmansweed said:
Pumps are typically rated by the vertical climb the water must make. If your pumping water up say 10 feet, through a 1/2 hose, you need a fairly powerful pump, or, in your case, if you planning to pressurize with misters you also need a chunky pump to properly mist roots.

I believe my EZ-Clone 60 site uses a 450 gph pump, and the 120 site uses a 700gph pump. I would recommend at least a 350gph with the tote size you mentioned but if you can afford a more powerful unit it should only benefit.

Great info, I was planning on a 360 gpm, but can switch to a 500 gpm...no problem.

But how many spray heads do I use ?

The 60 site EZ Cloner I have comes with 25 misters. Many DIY systems are successful with far less. Whats important is the roots receive ample misting coverage.

My only warning in terms of setting up misters is to consider what happens when roots grow and the potential to shield or block other cuttings in the system. I've seen a number of DIY cloners where the center plugs are less apt to root as quickly as the ones directly over misters. Just pay attention to the coverage and you'll be all set.

jmansweed said:
The 60 site EZ Cloner I have comes with 25 misters. Many DIY systems are successful with far less. Whats important is the roots receive ample misting coverage.

My only warning in terms of setting up misters is to consider what happens when roots grow and the potential to shield or block other cuttings in the system. I've seen a number of DIY cloners where the center plugs are less apt to root as quickly as the ones directly over misters. Just pay attention to the coverage and you'll be all set.

Thank you my friend :), that gets me on the right track :icon_smile:

or get a 6 dollar pump from Wally mart and make a bubble cloner, jmo

Dman, I have a bubble cloner...works great. But I need alot more clone sites...so I'm building (2) 35 site units. The bubblers need a bunch of pumps to create enough bubbles in a big unit.

I just ordered a couple Mag-Drive 500 gpm pumps, & 100pcs. of EZ Cloner spray heads...planning on 22 spray heads in each unit.

I need to fill these up :icon_smile:

dscn1455m.jpg

thats some serious overkill, but if money isnt a factor then go for it. i do 1 sprayer for 5 clones. 22 360degree micro sprayers will allow for at least 100 sites. and the 196gph pump will handle that load no prob.

my 450gph pump handles 20 sprayer sites, and it has to be pumped 2 1/2 ft vertically before it even reaches them.

ShOrTbUs said:
thats some serious overkill, but if money isnt a factor then go for it. i do 1 sprayer for 5 clones. 22 360degree micro sprayers will allow for at least 100 sites. and the 196gph pump will handle that load no prob.

my 450gph pump handles 20 sprayer sites, and it has to be pumped 2 1/2 ft vertically before it even reaches them.

All the research I did, stated bigger the pump the better. I want them to mist, instead of spit :) I can always add more spray heads to the piping, to adjust flow.

jmansweed said:

Also Shortbus.....this is the factory setup...with 25 spray heads, same set-up as I just made....should work great. I also added a CAP cycle timer 1 min. on ....4 minutes off.

so when we gonna see some pics of the super aero cloner you be making/made :D

orangesunshine said:
so when we gonna see some pics of the super aero cloner you be making/made :D

All the parts should be here by Saturday, should have it completed by Monday or so.....lot of stuff going on here :hubba: I'll post pics after it's done.

Still looking for info on: how far below the lid do the sprayer heads sit ???

cool can't wait to see your DIY---the mist needs to hit the bottom of the cut---my box is a little unconventional and uses rockwool so my sprayers hit the cube hanging in the tote---after soaking the rockwool in a clonex solution i pour it into the tote and add some water till it reaches the irrigation tubing---if the sprayer is submerged---it won't spray---you will find what works best for you with trial and error---

What is the approximate distance from the top of th spray head....to the bottom om the cut ???? I'm using EzClone 360 heads, the red versions.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back