After the Flood / SoG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

October420

the King of October
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm going to try and keep this short and to the point. On August 13th and 14th we were part of the great flood of 2016 here on the central gulf coast. We were hit pretty hard by the flood but we are well on our way to getting back to normal, we are back in our house and about 95% done with repairs.

I lost a couple of seedlings because of the flood and had to put my growing on hold. However I'm all set to get it started again. I'm pretty new to growing but have had good success with my previous five grows. I don't have much room, I have a 32" x 32" x 84" tent, that's around 7 sq ft of floor.

When growing I'd just top the plants twice and keep the undergrowth pruned. I'd grow the plants from seeds, the last grow I just grew one plant. Topping the plants like I have in the past would really fill up my small grow tent. I'd average between 2.5 to 3.8 oz of bud per plant.

I grow for medicinal reasons, my wife has MS and cannabis is a God send in helping her manage her MS. With not being able to grow these past 3 month plus has stretched her supply pretty thin, we'll have enough to last until I bring in another crop, but it's going to be tight.

As I've evolved my growing over the past 5 grows I've always thought how to increase my yield per plant, I was thinking about doing a ScrOG to maximize yield in my small grow tent.

Here is where I'd like some help, instead of thinking about how to increase yield per plant, maybe I should be thinking on how to increase my yield per square feet? That's when I started thinking about a SoG. I could plant say five plants, flip them early and maybe finish in 50 to 60 days.

So anyone familiar with SoG I'd appreciate your advice, what strain is ideal? What size pots? How long to veg before flipping? I soil grow and like to keep things simple.

Thanks in advance to your help.

Peace

Ive done sog in the past. You would put 7 or more plants in an area that size. From seed i would say 1 per sq foot with 4 weeks veg time, if in soil, but usually a sog is done with a mom and clones and hydro. If with clones the concensus is no veg time and 4 per sq ft. For example with a Total of 28 clones in your space and a target yield of (conservatively) 7 grams per....196 grams in about two months depending on strain. So 7 ounces instead of 3.5 that you were getting. The difference is that there is no popcorn and not much leaf to trim. Using 6x6inch pots i did this with a hybrid strain that was called amherst sour diesel. I had 36 clones straight to flower in a 3x3 tray, yielded just over 10 grams per for 380 grams. I took them at 63 days. Will it yield more than a scrog? I dont know. I am just now trying scrog...so i can compare which method i like.

Hi there October420, I hope that you get to the 100% back to normal level in no time.
You can do SOG or scrog and still harvest at the same rate, so you can choose what you like to grow with less restrictions. If you want to grow a fast, short, and potent strain, the fastes that I have grow, was Critical, finishes in 50-55 days, dense nugs, very good smoke. Unfortunately, the strain not listed online, breeder is a decent shop in madrid that has an online store http://www.mundotricoma.es/ guy is very nice doesnt speak english lol, ask him for his self made critical seeds, I will be growing them again soon, their speed vs quality is great ime

SOG is the way to go. Even if you run clones you still would want to give them some veg. Go hydro.... Don't be scared to hit them with a lot of feed during transition and during flowering.

From seed crowd the tray...get as big of a tray as you can fit in there , fill it with lots of smaller containers and plant away

a big rez is a must. Flood the tray with a lot of solution but test it before planting. If the containers are not crowded in there they will want to float or tip over. Slow flood times will help the rootballs saturate slower and prevent this in flower

Lots of air circulation, cool flower Temps and lots of lumens will make them happy during flowering....t5s work great during veg.

I have several how-tos and threads on the subject here.

Goodluck.

SOG is the way to go. Even if you run clones you still would want to give them some veg. Go hydro.... Don't be scared to hit them with a lot of feed during transition and during flowering.

From seed crowd the tray...get as big of a tray as you can fit in there , fill it with lots of smaller containers and plant away

a big rez is a must. Flood the tray with a lot of solution but test it before planting. If the containers are not crowded in there they will want to float or tip over. Slow flood times will help the rootballs saturate slower and prevent this in flower

Lots of air circulation, cool flower Temps and lots of lumens will make them happy during flowering....t5s work great during veg.

I have several how-tos and threads on the subject here.

Goodluck.

good post toa. love to try hydro at some point. Am in 2 tents now. alota dirt. i had been using (2)16 inch fans for ventilation in tent for many years. the new tent i decided to go with (2) 12 inch oscillating fans run at med. to high speed as the new fans are smaller and i now have MORE room, for plants and lights. i was very surprized to see how much slower my gals dried with the new 12 inch fans even run at high speed. i see now why my local htg only sold 16 inch fans.

Latest posts

Back