AG Holder Vows to Stop Raids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

"Attorney General Eric Holder said at a press conference Wednesday that the Justice Department will no longer raid medical marijuana clubs that are established legally under state law. His declaration is a fulfillment of a campaign promise by President Barack Obama, and marks a major shift from the previous administration. After the inauguration, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) continued to carry out such raids, despite Obama's promise. Holder was asked if those raids represented American policy going forward.
"No," he said. "What the president said during the campaign, you'll be surprised to know, will be consistent with what we'll be doing in law enforcement. He was my boss during the campaign. He is formally and technically and by law my boss now. What he said during the campaign is now American policy."
Holder's declaration is a high point for the movement to legalize medical marijuana, which has been growing for decades despite federal hostility."

hXXp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/26/holder-vows-to-end-raids_n_170119.html

Still need law, policy dosen't mean crap , heres the video

hXXp://www.c-span.org/Watch/watch.aspx?MediaId=HP-A-15821 C-SPAN Video Player - News Conference with Atty. Gen. Holder & DEA Acting Admin. Leonhart

skip forward to about 24:45 or so and listen. He said and i quote "What Obama said during the campaign is Americas policy."

Well, I don't know how old you are, but to me this is a big thing. Of course we want this legalized, but, IMO, this policy change is not "crap"--it is the first step towards change in the laws.

Was on another forum and someone brought up how this might mean that we could get it reclassified. remember the one guy that petitioned the DEA since 13 states had passed medical marijuana and pretty much stated that since it does show medical benefits it can now be reclassified. well now the US gov is pretty much stating the same right?

:eek: :clap: :dancing: :headbang2: :cool2: :yay: :aok: :woohoo:

NorCal... Lmmfao.

YEah! Legal! (?)

We can hope. Stands to reason, that a president that "inhaled frequently" and thinks "that was the point" Might just be able to justify in his head, and hopefully in our laws, the right for those of us with a need, to NOT go to jail.
_him

Latest posts

Back