AHH CRRAP! 7-8 weeks and seeds Ithink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hick.man

ONE HITTER QUITTER
Reaction score
:holysheep:well folks, I'm kinda bum'n. I'm about 7-8 weeks into flower and was filling my dwc bucket with my FAV. girl (after the wife, of course) and I think I see seeds all around the lower areas ! ARRRG! I have about 3 other flavors in there and I'm worried it might make my others pop seeds? I was thinking about seperating her from the others and let her finish out. what do ya'll think? I posted some pics. any thoughts or ideas would be awesome.:confused2:

th_DSCF2677.JPG

th_DSCF2687.JPG

th_DSCF2691.JPG

th_DSCF2692.JPG

th_DSCF2693.JPG

At this point, there is no point to take her out. If she hermied and dropped pollen, she did it a while ago (since you believe you have seeds) and the damage is done. However, they may not be seeds. Swollen calyx can certainly look like they contain seeds--pick one off and see.

Where did you get your seeds?

:yeahthat: I wasn't gonna post that for two reasons:

1: calyx...now I know the correct term! :)
2: hate being wrong on such a thing and errantly raise someone's hopes.

However, I see those on some of my plants, and have never had seed to date (knock on wood)....

yea... by now that pollen has prolly already been all around the room if there was any.. besides i dont even think this late in flower that the other plants could be pollenated.. not enough time to form seeds.. dont quote me on that but thats what i think.

right on, I was thinking the same. btw HG, I did pick a few off and open them and they look empty and I didint start from seed, they were some cuttings I got from a friend. guess Ill just cross my sticky fingers and hope for the best! thanks for the input ya'll. it is much appreciated!:cool:

Don't stress out. Like they say about hamburger, there is "abcd" in the meat. It doesn't have to pass ISO 9001

bho_expertz said:
I can see some nanners ... but no seeds.

Where? I don't see any nanners at all.

I do see swollen calyx that may or may not contain seeds.

That is not a nanner. For lack of better terms, that is just the cover for the 2 pistils that grow at the nodes of a normal female plant. It is a flat leaf like growth for gods sake. No pollen in there.

Just grab the little pod (calyx) in the circle and see if there's a seed inside. I've seen plenty look just like that w/o any seeds. All may not be lost.

th_DSCF2692.JPG

kiksroks said:
That is not a nanner. ... It is a flat leaf like growth for gods sake.

I thought it was :eek: ... thanks for the correction ... it serves for me to learn aswell.

kiksroks said:
That is not a nanner. For lack of better terms, that is just the cover for the 2 pistils that grow at the nodes of a normal female plant. It is a flat leaf like growth for gods sake. No pollen in there.

Just grab the little pod (calyx) in the circle and see if there's a seed inside. I've seen plenty look just like that w/o any seeds. All may not be lost.

If there was a seed inside the calyx and the calyx was that size, by now the hairs would have died all the way back.

You have a nice healthy plant with swollen calyxes as THG said.

Looks to me like the only danger that plant is in is getting harvested and smoked in a few more weeks. Congrats on watching and learning your plants

ozzydiodude said:
Looks to me like the only danger that plant is in is getting harvested and smoked in a few more weeks. Congrats on watching and learning your plants

Agreed, nice looking plants and good pictures too.:smoke1:

anyone ever seen a seed grow outside a calyx? well a split open one...pretty cool to watch em form

heheh, wow! thanks I could'nt have done it with out ya'lls help, its VERY appreciated. I suppose working at the local hydro/garden store helps a little..:hubba: and thanks HG for the info. I did check it out and you are right, just a swollen calyx. so she is back with all her girl friends. gotta love DWC.
ill keep ya'll posted with some more pics when she's ready. and thanks again. this place way up there on the cool's list!:farm:

Latest posts

Back