Air Cooled Hood vs Cool Tube vs Bigassed Air Cooled Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time4Plan-B said:
thats one nice big reflector man.
T4

You should see it in person. I'm not sure if its even gonna fit in there as it 42 and 3/4 inches flange to flange and the flanges should be parallel to the 4ft walls so that only leaves me 6" and I have 2 6" ducts to hook to it. . .

kiksroks said:
No worries, we all start somewhere. . . :p
so with these hoods we could run multiple hoods in a sealed co2 room and no ac? now thats bad ***.

black805 said:
so with these hoods we could run multiple hoods in a sealed co2 room and no ac? now thats bad ***.

I read our comment as sarcastic so I replied the same, hence the :p .

I would tend to think that the orientation of the bulb would not reduce the heat in any significant way. . .

kiksroks said:
I read our comment as sarcastic so I replied the same, hence the :p .

I would tend to think that the orientation of the bulb would not reduce the heat in any significant way. . .

no worries,its all good

i almost bought 2 of these to try: a cool tube in a hood

IMG_09825.JPG

^The thicker the glass, the more its distorted. If light passes through a medium (glass) its refracted and the spectrum changes. If it passes through a round lens (cooltube) it is bent open and the intensity changes.

Of you can cool it, parabolic with vertical bulb like these are the best, when used in warehouse grows I have seen over 1.5 grams per watt. Zero light goes up. :D

Good luck!

google.com/m/products/catalog?q=parabolic+reflector&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8673590272075512452&sa=X&ei=I9Q0T4WZHcakiQKolZXTCg&ved=0CEcQ8wIwAw

02210.JPG

Hey OG you have the best parabolic aka the growstar unbelieveable intencity of light with no shaded parts below.
T4

But, why use a hood? Better give it a try sometime with no glass, hood, tube, bat-wing, reflector or UFO. Because it WORKS !!

black805 said:
no worries,its all good

i almost bought 2 of these to try: a cool tube in a hood

That looks pointless. Just more glass. . .

I wish I had a light meter so I could get some data on this change. . .

You mean like one of these do dads kiksrocks? And Mountian man, I have tried it all!:D
Really, all of it! :rofl: ( :shiftyface: )

Just wish I had my own warehouse :(

e5173c2c.jpg

715ecfba.jpg

0b4dcbe1.jpg

e790b57f.jpg

OGKushman said:
You mean like one of these do dads kiksrocks? And Mountian man, I have tried it all!:D
Really, all of it! :rofl: ( :shiftyface: )

Just wish I had my own warehouse :(

You have all the cool toys!

I have a large steel building on my property in cencal I'd let ya use. . .for a small fee.

Latest posts

Back