Air-Cooled Reflector question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I recently purchased two air cooled reflectors and was wondering does the glass decrease light intensity?

yep. but it increases yield as heat is held back and the light can be dropped closer to the canopy.

Trojan46312 said:
Hey y'all, I recently purchased two air cooled reflectors and was wondering does the glass decrease light intensity?
But dont get it took close or you will bleach ur plant, my friend just had a problem with this.

And don't forget that all HID lights put out IR.

Within distances of 6 inches or closer, the IR may fry your plants.

Wind has no effect on IR.

I imagine if one were to replace the glass with glass that is rated at the absolute best clarity and had an IR filter applied on it or in it, it might let you put the light even closer.

I use a 430 watt HPS at 8 inches and everything is good with fans blowing on the lights. I've tried 6-7 inches in the same conditions and it started frying the leaves on the top.

I'm saving for some air-cooled reflectors. I need 6 of them so the cost is a chunk from my current budget.

lil tip.. if you pull air from outside to cool your lights.. you may want to think about putting a filter on it.. my glass was coverd in pollen from outside last spring.. i had to open it and clean it all out.. blocks a lot of light..

Latest posts

Back