air filter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrivers

Reaction score
So im going to be buying a cfm fan soon and I can't decide which one and what I need. here's what I'm lost about/dont know what to get

1. do i chose 4''($75 165cfm) or 6'' ($90 400cfm)?
2. What type of filter?
3. Do i need a speed controler?
4. Do i need additional pieces or materials to get this thing set up (attachment for cfm to the filter)?
5. roughly 15' of ducting?
6. Do i need a cfm inline booster?

I have a 4'x4'x6' tent with one 400w light. It'll be upgraded and i'm more than likely going to run 250w t5 or a 600w mh/hps. so anywhere between 650-1000w is what I'll be running so i want the cfm to allow room for me to upgrade.

With fans I would always go with more and get the speed controller in case you do not need it all. Be sure to go with a good brand, the prices that you have mentioned sound low, I like the Vortex brand. You might even consider an 8" fan, HL should chime in later, he has 1000W in a tent and he will know. My preference on filters is Phresh. You can connect the ducting with tape or clamps and the inline booster fan is not needed. I would recommend insulated ducting if it will work for you space. JMO

the filter size is dependent on your fan size.

consider these, a lil more pricey but no need to replace carbon, so you will save in the end.

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/inch-triple-layer-singlepass-charcoal-fiber-filter-p-2365.html

Latest posts

Back