AIR!!! intake or exhaust?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_medi_bud

the ant of doom
Reaction score
i only have 1 access point 2 air in my new grow space. do i have 2 choose 1 or the other (intake or exhaust) or is there another solution. and if theres not,which should i choose? also my space is 4x4x7 ft how big a fan would do? i was looking @ an in line duct 100mm fan thats airflow rate is 250 m3/h do you think that would b ok?

help!!
thanx in advance!

Intake can be passive, so exhaust with a fan. Try to make intake holes somewhere.

That size fan will do a great job.

Good luck

Use the fan to pull your air from the top of your grow space and make some passive intakes along the bottom for cooler fresh air to get in.

thanx for the input, my other problem is the shed has a concrete render on it and drilling another air space through it might draw 2 much attention!

mr_medi_bud said:
i only have 1 access point 2 air in my new grow space. do i have 2 choose 1 or the other (intake or exhaust) or is there another solution. and if theres not,which should i choose? also my space is 4x4x7 ft how big a fan would do? i was looking @ an in line duct 100mm fan thats airflow rate is 250 m3/h do you think that would b ok?

help!!
thanx in advance!

You need both intake and exhaust, but the intake can be passive. You are not going to be able exhaust hot stale air out of your space if it cannot pull fresh cool air in from somewhere else. The reverse is true also.

You are going to need at least a 600W for that space. You are going to need far more than a duct fan to keep things cool. You are going to want to look at a centrifuge type fan (Vortex, Can, Eclipse, etc) 6" or better, something around 450 cfm. You also will need a speed controller and I highly recommend good quality insulated ducting.

Latest posts

Back