Air Layering for hard to clone strain...CSG Grandoggy Purp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried a clone bucket? Only cut that ever really gave me issues in a clone bucket was Hamsters Larry cut which you sometimes need a blue moon as well as a Yeti to cross the road to get roots...

I know that General has been using that rooting method PJ posted for years now to keep his plant numbers in check as well as cut down on his veg time before next flip... If ya got room for big mommas this is a amazing technique...

I agree with Rosie too... take a bunch of cuts and cross your fingers for one or more to root... I have always been a Clonex fan using both the gel and rooting solution in my clone bucket for years... hope some of them cuts take for ya... or ya try Generals method... gl

Do they have my specific Chem pheno of grandoggy purps? ....lol...doubt it...

7Green do you stop giving plants food few days prior ?? I just give my girls water week of cloning as for clonex used it and for what its worth shultz #2 works just the same only difference is price one is what????? 25,00 other is 2.00 lol

LOL--I actually discovered that I am out of rapid rooters, but have rock wool. I have a plant that I am going to try this on. Have you had any problems with the rockwool growing algae as they are in the light?

THG, have you tried the Super-simple cloning method with MG seed starter? I am trying it out for the first time with 4 Satori's and 1 The Purps. You don't need a dome or have to mist them at all.

THG if you got peat moss that will work as well

I was reading while back when air layering there is a absence of the tap root which weakens the plant meaning your going to need to stake plant when in flower ,
i have not tried this??? as its useless for my style can take 15 - 40 cuttings per plant with air layering you can only do a few per plant

So i am wondering if the above is true when air layering your not only propagating your also changing a normal tap root species Marijuana into a fibrous root system ????
Either way might work good for that hard to clone strain also is there fail rate when going this route ???

MR1--I have not tried that--I generally do bubble cloning since I an usually a DWC grower. I have been having a tough time with almost everything lately, but the hard to clone strains seem to be becoming impossible for me. My humidity is sooooo low (it was 15% yesterday) that I cannot imagine not doming and misting them, however, I would be happy to hear more about the super simple cloning with MG seed starter.

Dr. Fever, I do have peat moss too. I think that when I first saw this done many moons ago that they did use peat moss. None of the plants that I clone in water ever look like they have a tap root--the roots are always fiberous--it makes me think that the way you propagate or grow makes the difference. The plant I was going to experiment on is a leggy Larry OG that is not even sexed yet

I will let you know if it works. You can use straight perlite also if you do dwc.

Mri were airlayering branch so that is taking like hALF INCH to inch of bark off so i cannot see how DWC has nothing to do with this ??? again only time i would is like PJ mentioned if you had a strain that is impossible to clone this route might work

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8URJMNgY44[/ame]

Not too worry Dr.Fever it was only two posts, you have it back on track.

Latest posts

Back