Air system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So can I get a good filter that will allow me to run my exhaust outside and it not be smelled too bad? Without having to circulate or anything
Thats what I use to do, install a dryer vent and run your duct line right to it rear of house if you can,
remember a good filter , because the air venting outside it will smell during flower a lot without one

I also exhaust thru a dryer vent. My son came in the house one day and told me he could smell my weed from up the street. I grow in under 10 sq ft. I had some holes in the ducting after the filter and it stunk that much. A good filter is a must. Especially in a non-legal state. Tell no one about your grow. 10 plants can be worth thousands and if someone knows and needs money, they will take them after you have done all the work. Be paranoid...

My grow is in a room separate from the rest of the house. I have a 6 inch fan attached to a carbon filter and I exhaust through the ceiling into the attic. In an illegal state and trust me, you got to have it

I remember driving down my street with my boss and he sed some ones growing weed in this street can you smell it . Got a filter next day ,

Yes, the purpose of a carbon filter is to take the smell out of the exhaust air. Also if you have negative pressure in your space, this also helps keep the smells confined to the space and not allow them to seep out and smell up your whole house. In many places, the odor of marijuana is probable cause.

I never used an intake fan. I just let the exhaust fan pull air in from the outside through vent holes.

Don't understand your last sentence there: "...Without having to circulate or anything"??

Ok I talked to a guy who works for littlegreenhouse.com. I sent him a diagram of my grow room and he gave me a plan for my system I’m happy to say! Going to put a vent on outside wall for fresh air: then flipping an 8 inch intake fan around to blow the exhaust through duct work and out the house on the other end of my grow room! Thank you all for helping me get started in figuring this out!

Yes, the purpose of a carbon filter is to take the smell out of the exhaust air. Also if you have negative pressure in your space, this also helps keep the smells confined to the space and not allow them to seep out and smell up your whole house. In many places, the odor of marijuana is probable cause.

I never used an intake fan. I just let the exhaust fan pull air in from the outside through vent holes.

Don't understand your last sentence there: "...Without having to circulate or anything"??

Thanks for the help! The filter is something I need to figure out. I thought some of the air systems I seen has the exhaust filtering air back into the room.

i have a 2 way diverter on my exhaust hose. in the warmer months i exhaust outside. in the cold months, i just recirculate it back into the room i have my tent in. i would think in a grow room, you would want to pull in fresh air and the only way to do that is to create negative pressure(like thg was talking about) by venting some or all of the exhaust to another room or outside.

Latest posts

Back