AK Hybrids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Accidental pollinations. What the hell . . .
Just for fun.

The small plant is an AK48 x Mint Choc. (AK male)
The Mint Choc is 50% Aurora (indica) x Feral male Oaxaca sativa.
Assuming the AK48 is 50% indica 50% ruderalis then the genetics would be 2: 1: 1 (indica - sativa - ruderalis)

The others are germinating AK48 x Kalimans Cheese, probable genetics 50% sativa, 25% indica, 25% ruderalis, or thereabouts.

No idea what will come out of these. :eek:

MCAK48.jpg

AKCheese.jpg

Sweet....can't wait to see what you get...I hve about 15 beans of AK48xJillyBean and about 10 of AK48xLa Con...think I did that wrong...male was AK48 for each.
Grew out a cpl of the xjillybeans and the AK48 brought bigger denser buds to the mix.

Good luck.

grown a few ak-47 crosses. they all did alright...not my cup o tea of toke though. hybrid vigor is awesome to watch tho :) Good luck with the cross.

Birds ate two seedlings! Planted two more seeds.
The Choc hybrid is growing fast.

H1.jpg

Stupid birds!

Can't wait to see what they do for you, I've got several hybrids of things I need to play with sometime, purposeful pollinations, but I just can't bring myself to take the space to test em yet ;)...lol.

Here's the latest. The little AK-Cheese hybrid is OK but starting VERY slowly, and I have four more just popping above the coco, to replace the ones that were eaten by birds. And I put two seeds from the tall lady, those will be a different pheno for sure. The AK/MC is going well, no sign of sex but I am betting it's a male, if so it's gone.

AK-C.jpg

AK-MC.jpg

I think that the AK-Mint Choc is female. I put the x45 on the internodes and what I'm seeing looks like a little vertical bump, like half a melon, and there's what looks like a feathery preflower coming out the top of it. I'm going to take some clones. Could be interesting.

Well well, it turns out my prediction was correct, the AK48(HM) x Mint Choc is female. It's in flower. Pics below. Looks like an auto. The clones will be a waste of time. Began flower 4 weeks after germination, and in 14 hours sun.

The AK48(HM) x Cheese hybrids are showing typical auto stunted growth; it's possible they are all fem autos.
This is kind of an interesting grow but I am treating it as experimental.
The AK/MC is very N deficient thanks to the recent intense rains washing all the nutes out of the coco. I just added some 15-30-15.

AK48-cheese1.jpg

AK48-cheese2.jpg

AK48-cheese3.jpg

MC-AK48-plant2.jpg

MC-AK48-plant.jpg

I'll take some pics.
The AK48/MC looks like a semi-auto version of Aurora, but with some branching and narrower leaves, the R. and S. genes I suppose. Good solid colas developing. It is partially pollinated, just in case...
The AK48/Cheese is MUCH slower - more vigorous though - one is a mutie, keeps branching, lettuce leaves, all sorts of strange growth. That one is already smelling quite rank although it hasn't even come into flower yet. It looks like it might have female preflowers. There are two other fems I think.

OK, here we go. The AK48/Mint Choc, wow, the damn insects really go for her. It is a plague of microscopic black bugs. I had to use the x45 to see the swine.
Note the strange mutant. Smells rank, more so than the AK/MC. And it is not even in flower yet!

AKCheese1.jpg

AKCheese1b.jpg

AKCheese2.jpg

AKCheese2b.jpg

AKMC.jpg

AKMCb.jpg

AKMCc.jpg

mutie.jpg

mutieb.jpg

Haha, Mutie. I just got a mutie as well, at 5 nodes and reeks!

Man that MCxAK looks great! I think its FemxMale?

SmokeMyPiece said:
Haha, Mutie. I just got a mutie as well, at 5 nodes and reeks!

Man that MCxAK looks great! I think its FemxMale?

Yep. The AK48 is the male parent. Quite amusing the mutations, yes?! :p

Well these have really taken off now they've started flowering ... like someone pressed the accelerator. Going great. I repotted the largest of the AK48/Cheese in a 5 gallon tub.
The mother is dominant: in both cases.
The AK48/MC has a lovely aroma to the colas; not mint choc any more, but like fresh ginger and chocolate now.
Looks like the AK48/MC will produce around 1.5 oz or so, and I should think the AK48/Cheese hybrids, at least 2 oz each.
Overall, quite happy with this grow.

Smoking the AK48/Mint Choc. Really nice high. Great taste. Not a 'solid' bud, a bit fluffy, but still, a keeper. I've got plenty of seed so I'll be growing this one again.
The AK48-Cheese is nearly finished, smells very dank, looking great.

leafminer said:
Smoking the AK48/Mint Choc. Really nice high. Great taste. Not a 'solid' bud, a bit fluffy, but still, a keeper. I've got plenty of seed so I'll be growing this one again.
The AK48-Cheese is nearly finished, smells very dank, looking great.

Good news and good to hear from you bro.....hope all is well.

Hey Hamster! Cool!
I'll post some pics below.

These smell really funky. The female Cheese mom is dominant, the smell is C, the way they fall over as they finish is C, the early drop of fans is C. I expect these to pack quite a hit. :icon_smile:

AK-Cheese1.jpg

AK-Cheese2.jpg

AK-Cheese3.jpg

AK-Cheese4.jpg

AK-Cheese5.jpg

Latest posts

Back