Ak48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
I know seedling pictures are boring ... it's just to prove the germination date. ;)

AK48.jpg

Off to a good start. That is one of my favorite strains for sure. I hope you have odor control.

maineharvest said:
Off to a good start. That is one of my favorite strains for sure. I hope you have odor control.
:yeahthat: I had to duct tape all the vents, run double carbon filtration, and still had a "musk" in the house! Great smoke though, nice tight nugs! You'll be satisfied for sure!

When I grew the AK48 I was living on the second floor in a 6 unit apartment building which was a HUGE mistake. The smell would slap you in face as soon as you stepped foot into the building. I pulled it off but I was really sweating on the last four weeks of flower.

OMG. Open Greenhouse . . . not to mention the UK Cheese

The first time I ever saw an indoor grow it was in college and my buddy was growing AK47 in a secret basement room. He had ONE 400 watt HPS, no ventilation, a 120 sqaure foot area with 20 plants, and he had his light 4 feet above the plants while in flower (no ventialtion=lots of heat). After harvest we sat around for a week wondering why the smoke SUCKED so bad! LOL!

ahhhhhhhh, fond memories of ignorance before education :)

-SSF-

leafminer said:
I know seedling pictures are boring ... it's just to prove the germination date. ;)

Hey Leaf! How you been doing down there in the war zone?

You're right, boring pictures. :D You doing something with the cmh this round or doing them in the greenhouse?

Hi there BBFan. All greenhouse these days. The grow room gets too hot most of the year and even in winter I can grow straight from 12-12 and get a worthwhile yield. Here's the latest AK48 pics!

AK48-2.jpg

AK48-3.jpg

AK48-4.jpg

AK48-5.jpg

This strain gets a bit stalky, doesn't it! I even had to support one of the seedlings.

maineharvest said:
When I grew the AK48 I was living on the second floor in a 6 unit apartment building which was a HUGE mistake. The smell would slap you in face as soon as you stepped foot into the building. I pulled it off but I was really sweating on the last four weeks of flower.
Me too! Were you on the right side or left? Weird!

leafminer said:
This strain gets a bit stalky, doesn't it! I even had to support one of the seedlings.
Move your lights closer, this is stretch from insufficient lighting... Make sure and put a fan oscillating across them, will build those stalks stronger by the hour!:hubba:Might also be attributed to 12/12 from seed, this type of stress often times will cause hermaphroditism! Be careful bro!

Yeah leafminer- get those a little closer to the light :rofl: :rofl:

Gixxerman, if I get them closer to the light my wings will melt and I'll fall to earth! :D
It's a greenhouse grow. I'm at 13 hours of daylight this time of year. Lots of sun though.

AK48-1.jpg

AK48_4.jpg

Latest pictures. I have identified two males out of the five plants. The other three haven't shown yet.
I'll rip one of the males up because I only need one to pollinate. Huh . . . maybe I'll try an experiment, make an AK48 x Black Domina.

AK48group.jpg

Looks good Miner! Im excited to get some plants outside.

So far:
Germinated 5, two males showed after 3 weeks. Threw one male away.
Of the other three, one is showing female preflowers, the other two are growing like small indicas. Now more than 4 weeks and no sign of preflowers despite being under a 13.5 hour day :confused2:

Notice the fem preflowers on the male . . . best picture I could get. What do you think?

auto1.jpg

auto2.jpg

auto3.jpg

hermie.jpg

Well, how disappointing.
It is hard to tell, but I have the impression that the big bushy indica type is male, as is the other larger plant, and that neither look remotely like autos.
One auto male, (not pictured) a scrawny thing that hardly drops pollen.
One "auto" haha fem. Waste of a pot.
Two 'others'
See for yourself. . .
L to R:
probably male, non auto, and a more-or-less auto useless fem.
the pic on the right - probably male - does this look like an auto to you?:eek:

autos1.jpg

autos2.jpg

Grow from seed can be so sad sometimes ... best luck next time ;)

Latest posts

Back