Ak48

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are your Ak's supossed to be auto? I grew the Ak48 standard seed and it was rediculous how huge and dank the buds were. Your plants look nothing like the plants I grew. I seen a lot of complaints about Nirvana so you might have gotten some bad seeds.

Hahaha . . . yes, they are "supposed" to be auto. The really big bushy one is now about 30" tall and looks pretty much 100% indica, don't you think?
I still think it is male but it refuses to show sex, so as of yesterday I got mad with it and I have started confining it to the (dark) grow room, taking it out for 8 hours of sun. I think a week or so of this and it is going to have to confess!
If it is male, I think I will use it to selectively pollinate my Mint Choc hybrid, which is the last of its strain. I might also use it to pollinate the Domina/Sativa HPP hybrid.

I've got the male tucked away in a corner of the garden where it produces about one or two useful male flowers every day. So I have hand-pollinated the rather pathetic "semi-auto" fem . . . there are a few seeds on it, just for the sake of keeping the genetics. Obviously a lot of different phenos in here - these are F2s at the least. Not stable.

What rubbish this is. The male is now showing a 'crown' and you know what that means . . . I'm sure it is going hermie. The one miserable female is a pathetic thing, it is now about 2 ft high and showing a tiny - I mean really, really tiny - bit of cola. You wouldn't get a smoke out of the whole plant. :mad:

I started these just after planting the Dominas and hybrids, because I thought they would provide some early smoke. The opposite turned out to be true. I've already harvested the small Domina - the one grown from seed 12-12 - got 2 oz from it, certainly as good if not better than an auto can do, and in only 9 weeks. The big Domina is only 2 - 3 weeks away and is going to produce 5 oz upwards. And meanwhile I have these useless autos!

Regarding the big male - the one that looks pure indica. I've been putting it in the grow room every day to make it flower. (With the lights OFF!) Yesterday I forgot to take it out . . . shows how much I care about this grow. :ignore:

So to sum up:
4 males 1 female.
Rating: GARBAGE.

Yeah thats a bummer leaf. Sorry to hear those clouded news. Im in a similar situation...I put out a Bubblegum clone out on March 10. It flowered and all but lack of maintanance and rookie mistakes have pretty much led to no smoke at all...I am hoping it is in the revegging process now so as to not be a 100% waste and off to join your compost bin.. Well at least you have some bud to last till the fall harvest hopefully?

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Yeah thats a bummer leaf. Sorry to hear those clouded news. Im in a similar situation...I put out a Bubblegum clone out on March 10. It flowered and all but lack of maintanance and rookie mistakes have pretty much led to no smoke at all...I am hoping it is in the revegging process now so as to not be a 100% waste and off to join your compost bin.. Well at least you have some bud to last till the fall harvest hopefully?
Thanks, no problem. I always have some main crop Dominas because they reliably produce a good, fast, crop. I've still got a lid left from the small one and the big Domina is about 5ft 6 and looks to have about 5-6 oz loaded. Plus the two hybrids have about an oz each on them. I'd say that half a pound should last me until the cheese finishes in another 10 weeks ;)
I know better than to rely on Nirvana genetics these days.
Old timers here will remember my Blue Mystic disaster! About a pound of wonderful nothing. . . zero THC bud!

Leaf ya must know by now in the mj world crap happens.
Lol
Sorry about ya misfortune.
T4

No problem really, it's just that they shouldn't be taking peoples money for this stuff.
This is amusing, after 7 weeks the one female seems actually to be in flower properly, so I have put it in a 5 gallon pot to see if it produces anything . . . have to watch it because the male has gone herm.

Aw man!! Sorry to hear about your terrible luck with your AK's. I see what you mean about hoping I have better luck. What you've just had is a learning experience for sure. Better luck next time.

Were those fem seeds Miner? Where and when did you buy those seeds cause I thought they pulled all of their auto strains off the market a while ago because they were getting a ton of feedback where the plants were not autoing and lots of hermies? This is exactly why I try to stick to regular old standard seeds from reputable breeders. I guess Nirvana was reputable until this mess.

I bought them back in April along with some Aurora. I have those sitting in the refri at the moment because I'm full of Cheese. I had no idea that Nirvana had already withdrawn all the others . . . waste of money, basically.

Ive seen a bunch of threads on this site with stories of herms and non autoing plants. Im surprised you havnt come across anything. I have grown a ton of their strains that were all regular standard seeds and they were all great. The problems are with the autos.

leafminer said:
Thanks, no problem. I always have some main crop Dominas because they reliably produce a good, fast, crop. I've still got a lid left from the small one and the big Domina is about 5ft 6 and looks to have about 5-6 oz loaded. Plus the two hybrids have about an oz each on them. I'd say that half a pound should last me until the cheese finishes in another 10 weeks ;)
I know better than to rely on Nirvana genetics these days.
Old timers here will remember my Blue Mystic disaster! About a pound of wonderful nothing. . . zero THC bud!:doh::doh::doh:
Man that sucks no thc leaf id not buy from them again.
T4

The remaining female turned out to be self-pollinating. A hermie. Could spot no male flowers on it, but it was producing seed, not bud. Waste of space. The other one was just sitting there with no preflowers on it, so another waste of space. Both on the compost heap now, best place for them! ;)

sounds like Nirvana got busted making an F2 or F3 generation seeds again and passing them off as originals. Just trying to make budget auto beans...but it apparently is a "FAIL".
My one and only seed run was with NYCD auto. After the 2nd or 3rd gen on autos they start popping out some weird crap. It's that ruderalis in it thus that scrawny male. Mine were really freaky. The females looked one way the males totally different.
They ended up compost as well. If you can pull a reg in 9 weeks why bother with em.
Sorry for the waste dude..hate to see seedbanks pull this stuff.

I remember your BM run. My try was alright...not best toke in the world but it did have THC. Guess skunk and blueberry was a bad combo.

Absolutely, Mutt. Scrawny males, dead right. Weird stuff. Yeah. Weird but no good. Interesting to hear what you said about F2,3 generations, it sounds like that's exactly what happened: they bred something that worked in the first gen maybe, then being autos of course they have to keep working through seed . . . and . . . :mad: results.
I won't bother with autos again. I don't know if it is worth complaining to Nirvana. Probably not. I got nowhere when I complained about the Blue Mystic.

I remember reading your BM thread about the time I flipped 2 of them to flower, leaf. They were also auto's that didn't auto and were also almost yanked. I pulled about 9 zips from 2 plants. Luckily i got some real good smoke out of them.

I got 3 batches from nirvana of problem autos. I'm not writing off nirvana because it was good smoke. I am just not going autos again. Freebies will be tossed in the veg cabinet to see if I get anything good from them.

Hey leaf i hope you have better luck with Kalimans cheese #1
Lol
Im sure you will man.
T4

The Cheese is doing great! No problems there. One is too huge though. I'll update that grow with new pics soon.

Latest posts

Back